The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Emailing Guidance Counselors

OhMyGuersh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 23, 2017
New York, NY
Hi everyone. Right now I am doing research to find out if there is a product that I can develop to assist guidance counselors. I started cold emailing (13 so far) guidance counselors in hope that they will answer a 3 question google survey I created in order to get insight on what product might solve a common problem for them. I haven't gotten any responses yet and was hoping to get some ideas how can I get a high response rate with this target group. I want to get at least 100 responses.

I've read online that the best chance of getting someone to respond is to make it personal. I'm having trouble figuring out how can I personalize it for guidance counselors or connect with them. So far my approach for personalization for each counselor only included the ratio of how many students they have to counsel (which is a large amount and maybe overwhelming for them).

Any feedback or criticism is welcomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi everyone. Right now I am doing research to find out if there is a product that I can develop to assist guidance counselors. I started cold emailing (13 so far) guidance counselors in hope that they will answer a 3 question google survey I created in order to get insight on what product might solve a common problem for them. I haven't gotten any responses yet and was hoping to get some ideas how can I get a high response rate with this target group. I want to get at least 100 responses.

I've read online that the best chance of getting someone to respond is to make it personal. I'm having trouble figuring out how can I personalize it for guidance counselors or connect with them. So far my approach for personalization for each counselor only included the ratio of how many students they have to counsel (which is a large amount and maybe overwhelming for them).

Any feedback or criticism is welcomed.

Email every cold contact 4 times.

Day 1 - email. Be to the point. Be cordial. Be personable. Explain Why you're doing this. What's the big picture. Are you helping to fix something?

Wait 3 days follow up

Wait 3 days follow up again

wait 3 days follow up again.

No response? move on.

Anyone working in the schools is busy as hell. Counselors maybe more-so than anyone. If you aren't persistent, you will get no where.

Get a software like quickmail.io to do it all for you, plug in 500 counselor emails, and you should get your 100 responses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.