The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CNBC To Investigate Snuggie, ShamWow Next

neverfastenough

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jul 17, 2008
Ca
CNBC has brought us earth-moving documentaries on the marijuana and cruise industries in recent months. Now it is taking on the shop-at-home TV advertising industry, including the red-hot Snuggie and Shamwow.

Maybe it's just a fad or a coincidence, but it seems like the recession has actually made this stuff suddenly more relevant. Perhaps it's the glut of local TV ad time available now that the auto industry can't afford as much.

CNBC's "As Seen On TV" special feature will air next Weds., April 22, at 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET, and again on Sunday, April 26 at 10 p.m. Here's their pitch:

It's a $150 Billion industry, promising people everything from perfect abs to the Perfect Pancake.

Two minutes or less of carefully-crafted commerce aimed solely at making you buy, and buy NOW! A 25-year-old industry whose sales are skyrocketing, despite today's turbulent economy.

CNBC Emmy-nominated correspondent Darren Rovell goes inside the big business of direct-response infomercials that's made the Snuggie, ShamWow! and the Ginsu Knife household names.

Rovell sits down with the industry heavyweights like inventor Ron Popeil, pitch man Billy Mays and Telebrands CEO AJ Khubani, tests which products are busts or buys, and uncovers the psychology behind why some sales pitches strikeout while others are hit out of the park.

But, WAIT! There's more...

CNBC To Investigate Snuggie, ShamWow Next

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Perhaps it's the glut of local TV ad time available now that the auto industry can't afford as much.

Not just a glut of time, but a big drop in cost.

If you are in direct marketing, this is your big shot. The past few years I've worked hard, and rolling in to this recession/depression I'm on the ground running.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I just saw a show on the Discovery Channel called Pitchmen. I only caught the last part of it, but it shows Billy Mays shooting a commercial. You get to see their thought process as they market new inventions. On this episode, he was selling an energy absorbing foam pad of some sort. His producer put his hand under the pad and they rolled a car over it. It was kind of impressive. I could see a lot of applications for this stuff beyond the packaged product he was pitching.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.