- Joined
- Jan 1, 2014
- Messages
- 72
Rep Bank
$480
$480
User Power: 149%
So what do you have on your plate right now?
I was doing a lot of thinking today and realized one of my biggest issues is multitasking. One of the reason I haven't found the level of success I require is because I always have too much on my plate at one time.
I am the guy who wants to go 0-60 in everything I want to do all at once.
For example the last 6 months or so I have had my hands in creating a movie content site with a connected YouTube channel, trading the futures market, starting an eCommerce store AND writing a movie script. It was ridiculous. I would block out my days hour by hour - 1 hour for project A ... 1 hour for project B ... did I mention it was ridiculous?
It simply isn't efficient to try and make everything you want a success all at once. I'm sure it can be done, but it surely isn't the most effective way of doing things. You feel like you're being efficient because you're doing many things...but how well are you doing each individual task? Put yourself in a position to win.
So for the next 6 months I am dedicating myself to pursuing 1 path only. The way I see it is that if nothing is changed, I will probably continue the multitasking and more than likely get the same results. So what is 6 months - succeed or fail? Maybe it's time for a new approach as the old isn't working? I have plenty of time to pursue other things.
The Rules:
Pick one path/project and make it your only business priority for the next 6 months. Clear your plate of all other business/success projects.
No jumping around! You can change the approach, but the path must remain the same
Any other interests/projects must be pursued in your free time and cannot be scheduled as you would schedule your working hours. Have an interest in writing? Do it in your free time! For now it's simply a hobby (unless that's your path!).
[enter other obvious rules here....]
Be honest with yourself. Only spend your work hours on your main project or building skills that directly relate to your success on the chosen path.
If you share the same frustrating issues, maybe you should give it a shot too.
x___________________________ Date: ___ /___ /___
I was doing a lot of thinking today and realized one of my biggest issues is multitasking. One of the reason I haven't found the level of success I require is because I always have too much on my plate at one time.
I am the guy who wants to go 0-60 in everything I want to do all at once.
For example the last 6 months or so I have had my hands in creating a movie content site with a connected YouTube channel, trading the futures market, starting an eCommerce store AND writing a movie script. It was ridiculous. I would block out my days hour by hour - 1 hour for project A ... 1 hour for project B ... did I mention it was ridiculous?
It simply isn't efficient to try and make everything you want a success all at once. I'm sure it can be done, but it surely isn't the most effective way of doing things. You feel like you're being efficient because you're doing many things...but how well are you doing each individual task? Put yourself in a position to win.
So for the next 6 months I am dedicating myself to pursuing 1 path only. The way I see it is that if nothing is changed, I will probably continue the multitasking and more than likely get the same results. So what is 6 months - succeed or fail? Maybe it's time for a new approach as the old isn't working? I have plenty of time to pursue other things.
The Rules:
Pick one path/project and make it your only business priority for the next 6 months. Clear your plate of all other business/success projects.
No jumping around! You can change the approach, but the path must remain the same
Any other interests/projects must be pursued in your free time and cannot be scheduled as you would schedule your working hours. Have an interest in writing? Do it in your free time! For now it's simply a hobby (unless that's your path!).
[enter other obvious rules here....]
Be honest with yourself. Only spend your work hours on your main project or building skills that directly relate to your success on the chosen path.
If you share the same frustrating issues, maybe you should give it a shot too.
x___________________________ Date: ___ /___ /___
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
