The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Classifieds / reddit

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
I find that the problem with classified pages in my country is that often:
1) the listed item is already gone
2) I have to call multiple times in order to get a question answered
3) the ad is not entirely upfront about the state that the item is in (or the quality/attitude of the seller)

Is there any page out there which combines craigslist / alibaba with a reddit-like commenting system?

Does this sound like a viable idea?

(apologies if this is in the wrong sub forum..)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
It sounds more like your classifieds are just really inactive.

I experience all of the same things (item gone but page is still up, sellers who can't describe an item for shit, etc.) But I respond to so many ads it doesn't matter.

Maybe try Facebook groups or something? I hear those are really big in some areas. I haven't logged on Facebook in 2 or 3 years so idk for sure. What country are you located in?

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
I´m in Mexico (but not Mexican). The internet as a whole is still in its infancy here imo and the most popular classifieds page would be www.anumex.com. It´s actually fairly active but my personal experience with these pages here has never been stellar.

I.e. we were looking for a place to rent or a new (used) car. Often the pictures do not show the details (i.e. quality of the paint.. scratches.. etc) and I think it could be interesting to have a discussion going for every item where people can comment on the price, ask questions, let others know that they went to see the house/car/whatever and decided against buying it for whatever reason.

Not sure if I´m explaining myself very well :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.