The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Citibank Tries to Buy Plane with TARP Money

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Glad they were stopped cold ...

Your tax payer dollars going to high flying corporate jets ...

ABC News: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

oh yeah? how's this for balls: Merrill Lynch paid their bonuses to the tune of $4bil exactly one month earlier than normal and used bailout money to do so .... just in time before they were bought out by BAC...

turns out BAC still needs more money to fund the Merrill deal now that its been exposed as a colossal failure of a company with inflated market valuations

bflash98

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
oh yeah? how's this for balls: Merrill Lynch paid their bonuses to the tune of $4bil exactly one month earlier than normal and used bailout money to do so .... just in time before they were bought out by BAC...

turns out BAC still needs more money to fund the Merrill deal now that its been exposed as a colossal failure of a company with inflated market valuations

In a write up on cnnmoney ( I think) mentioned the billions in bonuses being paid and mentioned that it was normal for them to be paid before a company was taken over. I could not believe they used a 'normal' defense there is nothing normal about this current market.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I caught this too and was glad to see that this administration is speaking out about this corporate greed.

A lot of people are taking advantage of the system and getting away with it. We need a time of accountability and responsibility.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
(People that needed a bailout in the first place):frocket:

:greenchainsaw:(Those who are mis-spending OUR money)

MattThomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 16, 2009
Long Island, New York
I just can't believe that the greedy culture of our big business sector hasn't changed at all even after all that has happened. Citi's board was whispering about a sale just a few months ago before they were given bailout money, and now they want to buy an executive jet? Is it any wonder that so many of these businesses are failing when this is the priority of the management?

I feel before any real change can take place, the culture and values of some of these businesses need to change. And I hate to say this because of the jobs that are at stake, but I think the only way this attitude is going to change is if some of these companies are left to die.

At the very least, the top executives who are asking for the bailout should have their jobs on the line and be watched extremely closely with how they spend their money. One greedy move and they are the ones that should be fired.

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
At the very least, the top executives who are asking for the bailout should have their jobs on the line and be watched extremely closely with how they spend their money. One greedy move and they are the ones that should be fired.

In my opinion, these guys should be fired before the bailout money was given. Actually, I don't think the bailout money should have been given at all. But, assuming the bailout happened, your companies participation in the bailout is proof positive that you have failed to run the company successfully. So, if you are in Washington asking for bailout money-your fired. I guess thats to easy and makes too much sense.

Usually the guys that created the mess aren't capable of fixing the mess.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I just can't believe that the greedy culture of our big business sector hasn't changed at all even after all that has happened. Citi's board was whispering about a sale just a few months ago before they were given bailout money, and now they want to buy an executive jet? Is it any wonder that so many of these businesses are failing when this is the priority of the management?

I feel before any real change can take place, the culture and values of some of these businesses need to change. And I hate to say this because of the jobs that are at stake, but I think the only way this attitude is going to change is if some of these companies are left to die.

Maybe we should all just start businesses that will put them out of business, take over their empires and take control ourselves!

Then... well hopefully we won't be greedy... ha ha. I know I sure never will - not in my nature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.