The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Churches, Jails and Gold Mines

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Churches, Jails and Goldmines.... by Steven L.Good

As the title implies this is not your typical run of the mill business book. Its the story of a truly fastlane guy (Steven L. Good) who sells real estate by the auction method. He has sold over $4 billion in real estate. Its an interesting read whether you care about real estate or not. He tells many case studies of selling properties such as Michael Jordan's restaurant in Chicago, Gold Mines in Montana, Trump Plaza in Palm Beach, Churches, Jails, etc. There is detailed accounts of about 10 sales. The focus is on "outside the box" thinking. How can we do something that has never been done or do something better than its ever been done? We can all benefit from that type of thinking, no matter what our business is. I found it very interesting, and I think most of you would also. Its not a technical how to book about real estate sales by the auction method. It is an interesting account of life in the fastlane real estate style and a glimpse into the mentality required to get there. Its motivational, entertaining and has the potential to alter your thought processes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mozola

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 17, 2007
ohio
Thanks for the suggestion. I just reserved it so I should get it in a few days.

mozola

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 17, 2007
ohio
I read the book (well half...). In summary, it should not have been a book, but a magazine article. Each chapter details a transaction (land to mining rights, historic hotels) however they're all pretty similar ;Someone came forward with property they had trouble valuing, the company advertises the auction, the auction's a success and the property is sold. It is a quick read if you can stay interested; however I found the book very redundant and it lost my attention which is why I stopped reading in the middle of the book.
Although I didn't like the book, I agree with tbsells. The approach to selling the properties through an auction to achieve a true valuation was brilliant. So many of us hear real estate auction and imagine foreclosures on the court house steps.
If you still want to read it, I suggest reserving a copy from the library and spend your money somewhere else.:thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.