The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChrisKs execution thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I read TMF 3 months ago and all ive done since then is action-fake. Recently, i finally put down the books and started taking action so i decided to start an execution thread.

Right now im a 15 year old in high school and my goal is to hit 1k/month profit before 2023. Then i plan to hit 10k/month profit before Sep 1 2023.

Right now im doing web design. If this doesnt work, then i will go on to the next thing. I will make sure i reach my goal and if it comes down to it, i will go door to door and ask if i could do a job for anyone. However, I am kind of scared to do that and am working on getting rid of my self limiting beliefs. I was action faking for the past 3 months because i was telling myself that i cant make money since im not over 18 yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
I read TMF 3 months ago and all ive done since then is action-fake. Recently, i finally put down the books and started taking action so i decided to start an execution thread.

Right now im a 15 year old in high school and my goal is to hit 1k/month profit before 2023. Then i plan to hit 10k/month profit before Sep 1 2023.

Right now im doing web design. If this doesnt work, then i will go on to the next thing. I will make sure i reach my goal and if it comes down to it, i will go door to door and ask if i could do a job for anyone. However, I am kind of scared to do that and am working on getting rid of my self limiting beliefs. I was action faking for the past 3 months because i was telling myself that i cant make money since im not over 18 yet.
Hi Chris,

Great job for being honest with yourself and determined!
You're right, it's a self limiting belief. Money is not related to your age but to the value you can provide.
You may want to check @Fox legends program, or his free stuff, to help you get started.
Keep us posted!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Update:
Im in the finishing stages of my uncle's guitar service company's website now. I am now familiar with the technical side of web design. I agreed to do it for him for free but he insisted he pays $250. Then after i showed him the site, he sent me another $250 so i guess i surpassed his expectations.

My plan now:
I have compiled a list of 30 businesses with trash websites that i found using yellowpages.ca. It was originally 100 but then i checked each number and 70 were on the national "Do Not Call List" where you get fined for calling them. So with these 30 businesses, im going to use a software called "slybroadcast" to send them all voicemails. Since I have no experience or past results or anything, my pitch will be that i can build them a site for cheap since its a win-win because i grow my portfolio and they get a site for cheap.

Hopefully i get a few businesses that are interested in me building them a new website. If not, I will just have to increase probability by reaching out to more people. If i can get 2 $500 jobs, then i will reach my goal of 1k (im not counting my uncles job).

Ill keep doing websites for cheap until i get a client results. Then i will switch up my sales tactics. I'll build myself a website and advertise myself as an expert who gets clients results. Then i can start charging companies more money.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Update:
Im in the finishing stages of my uncle's guitar service company's website now. I am now familiar with the technical side of web design. I agreed to do it for him for free but he insisted he pays $250. Then after i showed him the site, he sent me another $250 so i guess i surpassed his expectations.

My plan now:
I have compiled a list of 30 businesses with trash websites that i found using yellowpages.ca. It was originally 100 but then i checked each number and 70 were on the national "Do Not Call List" where you get fined for calling them. So with these 30 businesses, im going to use a software called "slybroadcast" to send them all voicemails. Since I have no experience or past results or anything, my pitch will be that i can build them a site for cheap since its a win-win because i grow my portfolio and they get a site for cheap.

Hopefully i get a few businesses that are interested in me building them a new website. If not, I will just have to increase probability by reaching out to more people. If i can get 2 $500 jobs, then i will reach my goal of 1k (im not counting my uncles job).

Ill keep doing websites for cheap until i get a client results. Then i will switch up my sales tactics. I'll build myself a website and advertise myself as an expert who gets clients results. Then i can start charging companies more money.
Great job, thanks for keeping us posted!

You are taking action, that's the most important thing. You will learn a ton...
Don't hesitate to call them instead of leaving a voicemail. If you don't really know what to say, just start asking questions about them, their business, their goals, their challenges. Say you're just starting your business and would like to learn about the market. Everyone is interested in more clients, more money ; remember that's what you're selling, not a website ;)! This approach will help.

Good luck!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Update:
Using SlyBroadcast is an inefficient method in finding clients. I felt like quitting yesterday but I am not giving up. I’m just goi my to do straight cold calling. At least if I don’t get clients I’ll get over my fear of it and will learn about sales. I can’t do a lot of cold calls during the week because of school and everything but I will make about 10 a day on weekdays and I’ll also build a list. Then on the weekend I will cold call as many people as possible. I also made a deal with my friend that he will get 50% of whatever sale he makes. I’ll report back with my cold calling stats soon. I know it’s just a numbers game. If 0.1% of people say yes, that just means I need to call 1000 people. There is no luck; it’s all probability and is in my control.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
The thought of cold calling a business made me tremble before today. Today at school during lunch break, i told my friend to listen to my first cold call so i wouldnt be as nervous (i just feel less nervous when im with my friends because i can laugh it off). After that, i called 9 more people during lunch and one guy was interested and told me to call him back in the evening. I called him back in the evening and he didnt answer though. In the evening, i cold called 5 more people and got 1 reach and 0 leads. Anyways, now I am over my fear of cold calling.

I called 15 people and only 6 answered. I dont know if that is bad but it sounds bad. To compile my list, I just went onto yellow pages and looked for service businesses without websites. Then i just put every businesses number onto the list.
I dont know any better time-efficient way to do it.

Anyways, here is my plan for the next 3 days.

Friday:
-
cold call 10 more people to keep getting more used to it
- build cold call list to 500

Saturday:
- (morning) check all 500 numbers to see if theyre on the Do Not Call List to make sure i dont get fined. im guessing 1/3 of them will remain so 166
- call the 166 people (mid day)
- build list to 500 again (evening)

Sunday:
- (morning) build list to 1000
- call 333 people (friend will do 50% of it)

that is 500 cold calls by sunday evening. If we can convert 1% then that is 5 leads. Getting 5 leads is good considering i would have just been F*cking around all weekend

i will update every night for the next 3 days to see where im at

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
The thought of cold calling a business made me tremble before today. Today at school during lunch break, i told my friend to listen to my first cold call so i wouldnt be as nervous (i just feel less nervous when im with my friends because i can laugh it off). After that, i called 9 more people during lunch and one guy was interested and told me to call him back in the evening. I called him back in the evening and he didnt answer though. In the evening, i cold called 5 more people and got 1 reach and 0 leads. Anyways, now I am over my fear of cold calling.

I called 15 people and only 6 answered. I dont know if that is bad but it sounds bad. To compile my list, I just went onto yellow pages and looked for service businesses without websites. Then i just put every businesses number onto the list.
I dont know any better time-efficient way to do it.

Anyways, here is my plan for the next 3 days.

Friday:
-
cold call 10 more people to keep getting more used to it
- build cold call list to 500

Saturday:
- (morning) check all 500 numbers to see if theyre on the Do Not Call List to make sure i dont get fined. im guessing 1/3 of them will remain so 166
- call the 166 people (mid day)
- build list to 500 again (evening)

Sunday:
- (morning) build list to 1000
- call 333 people (friend will do 50% of it)

that is 500 cold calls by sunday evening. If we can convert 1% then that is 5 leads. Getting 5 leads is good considering i would have just been F*cking around all weekend

i will update every night for the next 3 days to see where im at
Before you get on the call, just repeat "Nobody cares and nothing matters" because they really won't care about the mistakes you make or how awkward you may come across on the call. This may help give you that much needed boost in confidence to just have fun on the call.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Awesome ! With this mindset, you will crush everything!! Everyone has to start somewhere. Cold calling is hard at first but it will become easier. You have to be persistent, you will also get better over time.

Remember what MJ says : Act, Assess, Adjust. As long as you are taking massive action like you do, you are entitled to win.

Good luck!

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Ps did you heard about Fox legends program? It is at a cost but he also has free stuff that will get you a ton of value, because it is about exactly what you're doing.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I have not been working nearly as much as i planned due to laziness but i have 2 leads now. My current goal is $1000 by 11/14/22. That means i must sell 2 $500 websites. I cold called today for a good 15 minutes and got a lead but then i got told to F*ck off and then took a break and i cant get myself to go back to doing it.

Hopefully i can turn these 2 leads into sales. If not, I will keep cold calling and getting more leads.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Its been a month and a half since i updated this. with the web design business i told my friend to help me co-run it because i struggle with being independent and then we ended up both quitting in late november. we hired a cold caller to call 8 hours a day for us and every lead we got we couldnt close (we barely got any leads). We made like -$350.

At the same time i got my friend on board with the business, i got my first girlfriend. Ever since then ive been so lazy. idk if its caused by my friend or my gf or maybe its just me. ive still been going to the gym and eating clean but ive been wasting so much time. i am addicted to tiktok. its so addicting and i keep redownloading it.

time after time i'd tell myself im deleting it forever but it wouldnt work. doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results is insanity. i need to put systems in place to make success easier.

What i learned from this business failure:
- for a business partner to be worth it, they must increase profit by 100% since you split 50/50 with them. Most partners are not worth it
- you cant sell a product that you cant even sell to yourself - i knew that my web design didnt provide much value but i still expected others to buy it?
- there is always more work to do - i did nothing all day because the cold calling was outsourced but i could have been cold calling too or making mock up websites for people

Productivity
Ever since i started trying to make money ive struggled with being unproductive. The most productive i was in my entire life was this September so i decided to analyze why i was so productive.

I was productive because:
- the business consumed my mind
- it was the first time i had momentum - i felt like i was really doing something for once as i had a business up and running
- i was motivated by the thought of making money so i have a higher chance of attracting my ideal woman
- i knew what job had to be done - i knew that i needed to go home and get straight to cold calling

How i will use them to be productive for my new business

How to let business consume your mind:
  • Set goals on notion and stare at them when i feel the urge to pick up my phone
  • Put my goals on my wall
  • Create a vision board for mywall
  • Continue thread on fastlaneforum

How to gain momentum:
  • Start getting results right away. This can be followers or money
  • Raise some capital from a side hustle just so you have a sense of progress

How to use desire for a gf:
  • Think of my gf leaving me because im bumming around - keep pictures of other guys who might take her from me on my phone and remind myself of them
  • Work knowing that if you get rich your gf wont ever have to work
How to know what to do all the time:
  • Have a side hustle that i can do at any time to get quick cash
  • Set my weekly goals every sunday
  • Set daily to-do every day

My current business:
My idea that i kind of started already was to create basketball camps that give exposure to highschoolers. I can sell on the need that they need scouts to pay attention to them so they can go to the nba. I got the idea because my friend would pay anything to have a chance of going to the nba.

I kind of have doubts that i can compete in the market because i have no value skews at the moment. i will need to brainstorm

I was reading dotcom secrets where the author talks about a value latter and my plan is to first have a video of a scout telling players how to get exposure in toronto which i will make them give me their email for. That will draw in all my ideal customers so i can upsell to the basketball camp. Im paying the scout $200 to make the video.

Thats it for now. im going to keep updating this thread.

Reminder - goal: 10k/month by Sep 1 2023

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
THE TURNING POINT

03/06/23

3 months later and now i have shit figured out. All these online businesses that everyone is doing are oversaturated. i tried getting web design sales for so long and made no money from that. no money from smma or any of that other online stuff either

In the past week, I have made $500 doing in person services for people. $120 last wednesday for oven cleaning (1 hour) $230 for clearing snow (2 hours) and 125 for detailing a car (2 hours). I can easily make 5k per month doing gigs like these

Im using facebook ads to find the people and it is amazing. However, my account kept getting banned so i have no future appointments yet but i got an account to work last night and paid $25 for a car detailing lead.

If i told myself before i was making $120 for cleaning an oven I would not believe it. This is eye opening to how easy it is to take money from other people.

One thing I learned is to make my own decisions. If my mom says not to do something, im gonna do it anyways. she told me no one would pay over $40 for oven cleaning but look at me now. She also told me facebook ads is a waste of money and i should find a free way to advertise but look at me now.

For now im gonna keep running the facebook ads until i have bookings every day and cant handle them anymore. Then ill start hiring employees and stuff but i wont make it legal and will just pay my friend $20/h to do it.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is there a Fastlane strategy here? I think there might be, but it doesn't involve you doing the work.

Congrats on attracting capital at a larger rate than market wages!

While this isn't Fastlane to start, I'm proud you turned a corner from dependence to independence.

Im using facebook ads

Try NextDoor.com -- that has a strong neighborhood presence.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Is there a Fastlane strategy here? I think there might be, but it doesn't involve you doing the work.

Congrats on attracting capital at a larger rate than market wages!

While this isn't Fastlane to start, I'm proud you turned a corner from dependence to independence.

Try NextDoor.com -- that has a strong neighborhood presence.
The fastlane strategy will come later when there’s more money coming in. I don’t have a solid plan right now for the future. I may get a shop and hire some employees in the future to scale and separate it from my time but I’m gonna take it one step at a time right now.

And yeah I’ll check out Nextdoor for sure. Thanks

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
03/10/23

I used the nextdoor app and got 2 bookings from it for free. ran a $20 ad for nextdoor and its doing so shit. waste of money for ads when you can post for free.

I have spring break next week and have a total of 3 jobs scheduled and I have 1 guy who is basically closed but hes just waiting to get his schedule from work. My family is still hating on me and telling me to get a job at the grocery store lol. Im not gonna listen to them because they dont know nothing about making money.

Recently, my facebook ads have been doing so shit. When i started running it before i got banned on my first account, i was getting messaging leads for like $5-7 CAD each. now it costs me like $30 and im running the exact same ad. Im gonna have to really learn it and maybe speak to a consultant to give me some advice on it.

Since I need to get my facebook lead costs down im gonna do a different advertising method in the meaning. @Subsonic said that flyers are working extremely well for his window cleaning company so im going to try it out. I can get 1000 flyers for $75 here but my facebook ads reach 1000 people for under $20. i guess flyers has higher conversion rates though.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
the reason my car detailing ads were doing shit is because theres a bunch of snow here in canada again. when my ads were doing good there was no snow on the ground. idk how i didnt think of that.

so when i realized that last night, i posted an oven cleaning ad on facebook instead. i got 3 leads when i woke up for $21 ($7/lead) but 2 didnt pick up the phone and 1 i told its $200 and she said she wants $100 so i said okay i can do it if you book this week and she said "ill call you back" which i think just means no.

Oven cleaning is not really a good job because anyone can easily clean it themselves. car detailing you need special equipment but oven cleaning you can just spray it with some oven cleaner from the store which is what i would do for them anyways.

however, i guess that you can say the same thing about lawn care. but lawn care people want it to look nice i know my mom would not care what the oven looks like as long as it works.

Also 1 of my guys that i had booked cancelled and the other one cancelled as well due to a snow storm. They dont want to rebook for any time soon.

once the weather gets nice there will be so many services i can do.
- roof cleaning
- chimney cleaning
- pool cleaning
- driveway sealing

however i need something i can do right now.

ive already gotten one person who wanted their oven cleaned for $120 so there must be more people out there like her. i cannot quit right now. even though my mom and sister say that one person was a fluke and i should just go work at the grocery store. i will show them.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
changed up the ad i was running to a messaging campaign instead of a contact form and i got a sale for $10

for some reason though, my ad performs worse as time goes on.

i scheduled an oven cleaning job tomorrow for $100 and i have a car detailing job today for $125.

with this money, im gonna blast the F*ck out of my oven cleaning ad since its spring break this week and i will have all day to do work

Current business model:
Run ad - get sale - put sale money into more ads -repeat

im gonna keep doing this until im fully booked and then ill hire customers

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I feel like I'm reading the thread of the Canadian version of a 15 year old Johnny Boy.

Your mindset is excellent. Congratulations for taking action, not caring about the people that try to discourage you, and having such high energy!

Good luck!

Last edited:

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
oven cleaning is not a profitable business. i pay $50 in ads to get a $100 sale that takes me 3 hours total (counting commute time)

car detailing is a pretty good business where i can get a $150 sale that takes 3 hours total for every $25 i spend

roof cleaning i can imagine would cost like $100 for a $500 sale and take 4 hours total

however, theres still tons of snow so people dont want roofing or car detailing yet.

i dont know if i should wait right now a couple weeks until the snow melts or just do this low roi oven cleaning. im waiting for my car detailing flyers to come in so i can hand them out

Last edited:

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
have been booked every day recently making $125+ per day
yesterday i went after school to make $400.

I MADE DOUBLE THE MONEY AFTERSCHOOL THAN THE TEACHERS MADE AT WORK ALL DAY
THIS IS A F*ckING JOKE
I HAVE NO DEGREE, NO EXPERIENCE, NO SAVINGS

People here in my city just give money for anything really.

I have to scale now. I've been getting 1 job per day through Nextdoor app and I've also been getting 1 sale per every $20 i spend on ringless voicemails but those people are a 2 hour bus drive away and 40 minute car ride

I had a guy reach out to me asking for a cash job so im going to have him work every evening and pay $100/day. Im also going to have to get a truck for him and then he can do multiple jobs in one evening. I will be hiring him once im getting 2 jobs per day though. Then I can pay him $100/evening and make $350+ revenue

To find clients right now I will:
- do ringless voicemails on weekends and answer all the calls I get back to close them
- keep posting on nextdoor
- print business cards so i can get referrals easier
- run google ads
- try out facebook ads again but send people to call me instead of sending me a message

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.