What's new

China?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

scottaj74

New Contributor
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
74
Rep Bank
$245
User Power: 30%
Hi,

I'm currently in the development/testing phase for a new mug idea (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/general-entrepreneurship-startup/48128-you-choose-please.html).

I've been in contact with some manufacturers in China and getting some quotes for building a prototype. I give you the numbers as it will make more sense. Unit cost for me in production will be about $0.50 - $1.00 a unit. To build the prototype, the unit will cost about a $1k. Does anyone have experience with this? It seems a little high to me, but I have nothing to gauge this off of.

Obviously I'm shopping around and I'm waiting to hear back from a few more suppliers. I'd actually like to eventually build a local, recycled glass/plastic, sustainable product, but I need to get this off the ground and some net worth in the idea before I can go there.

I've also been playing with the thought of taking this to Indiegogo or Kickstarter (seems like the fees here are lower) to help with the initial start-up costs. If you did use either of these crowdsourcing platforms, how did it work out for you? Were you glad you used it?

OK, now that I'm on a bit of a roll I'll saki one more question. Has anyone used Amazon warehouse services? I like the idea of having someone else deal with my stock and shipping it out for me. Again, I'm a greenhorn to all this stuff so I don't want to get ahead of myself. It might be best to start on dealing with orders and shipping myself to get a feel for the business before handing it off to someone else. Any thoughts?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Gus tjoqqoph muul ev tipfgsundjope.dun

1l tiint e cov johj vu ni gus e qsuvuvzqi, cav O upmz jewi iyqisoipdi ug tomodupi qsufadvt cioph nefi aq vjisi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom