The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chicken and egg situation...which to get first?

AKASH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 20, 2016
Hi all,

I am facing a uniquely difficult situation and we are at our wits end in trying to solve it. We hope learned members here can provide insights into this. we have two successful businesses in eCommerce and News and entertainment. The third business that we started was in academic publishing. Here we publish online science magazines which publish papers from researchers around the world. There are some private organizations which endorse these science magazines using their set criteria which included quality of published papers. As many of them are non-profit, they are very choosey about selection.

The difficulty that we are facing is that researchers submit papers to those magazines which are endorsed by these organizations, and these organizations endorse only those magazines which have good quality and large number of published papers.

So, if we have small number of papers published, we don't get endorsement and if we don't get endorsement, researchers don't publish papers. If we compromise on quality of publication even then we don't get endorsements. Also, the endorsements are reviewed every year and a magazine can lose its endorsement any year. We have not faced this situation in any of the other businesses. What can we do to get large number of good quality papers, which will get us the endorsements we need, which will in turn bring more papers?

Please help. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Focus on the content phase of it, content attracts endorsements.

Is there anyway you can publish papers without the endorsements? Getting permission or paying for it?

Sometimes you have to drive through these obstacles using brute force.

I see your conundrum, but I don't see it as a chicken/egg scenario.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.