The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cheap dollars are sowing the seeds of the next world crisis

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
China is now more worried about America inflating away its debts than about those debts being exposed to currency risk.

Sad, China is more worried about American inflating away its debts than America is.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Sad, China is more worried about American inflating away its debts than America is.

of course they are. they own more of the US than we do.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Best to invest in tangible assets now...gold, oil, copper, etc. Have you seen natural gas lately?

Natgas has had a run for the past few days, but there are still major supply issues (too much) with natgas. But the current price is about at the production cost and below production cost for some producers so I dont see how it can go much lower without the world freezing this winter.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
natural gas pricing historically runs 1:6 vs oil. (edt: recently was 1:25)

recent shut ins (lingo for stopping production) has artificially decreased inventory. As a long term commodity investor, I prefer consumer demand to deplete normal levels of production inventory.

that said, I am "betting the farm" on gas. my belief is that the first cold wave in the northeast/midwest is going to drive demand beyond inventory's comfort level and speculation will over shoot the means

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
This is why I'm buying silver. Gold cost too much for my budget but I can also invest in gold stocks too.
Elliott Wave guru Robert Prechter is expecting a period of deflation. He foresees precious metals to drop approx. 50% in price from where they are now during the next years.

ramy98

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
I agree; we are headed towards a global currency crises of biblical proportion.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
The first nine minutes of the 10/16/2009 video gives a good explanation of what has happened to the dollar. It becomes political/ religious (warning) after that point, but the info. raises some questions about what's going on in the world and underscores globalization.

The Hal Lindsey Report

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone watching the currency markets today on this US holiday? The dollar is making a strong rally and many of the major currencies are getting hammered, all because of financial uncertainty disclosed (coincidentally) today in Dubai.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Anyone watching the currency markets today on this US holiday? The dollar is making a strong rally and many of the major currencies are getting hammered, all because of financial uncertainty disclosed (coincidentally) today in Dubai.

yep, switched my forex from euro to dollar yesterday. missed the peak, but still made money

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ

Interesting to see this reported just this morning.... I knew of a tremendous economic slowdown in Dubai, but never saw this coming. Rating agencies considering "default" label and that will drive the stake in deep.

Methinks more dominos to fall. Time for many of leveraged countries to pay the piper and the dollar will be beneficiary.

Problem for you forex traders is not to be stuck on a trade against the dollar when something catastrophic happens.

THere's still a huge disconnect with the US$ declining all the while bonds, equities and commodities rally.... it's a mine field.

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007

It's comming !!!:coffee:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Tomorrow is "Black Friday" and it just might be "Black Friday" for the markets too ... we could have a big sell off to the tune of 3%.

GreenHouses

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Apr 25, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Tomorrow is "Black Friday" and it just might be "Black Friday" for the markets too ... we could have a big sell off to the tune of 3%.

Yep that could very well happen... here in Australia the All Ords (our equivalent of the DJIA) fell 2.76% for the day. $38b of market cap was wiped off in today's trade.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I'm using the opportunity to buy ... I sold my AUD positions X 2 at nice gains earlier this week ... time to get back in! My favorite trade this year has been dollar short, AUD long! Might even pick up so GOLD depending on the chart and how much it goes down.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I have been selling puts on GLD, FCX and SKF today.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I was out of the market yesterday... had to do turkey day thing... wish I had been watching and trading now. I figured with the us banks closed nothing too exciting would happen.

Market is going to be closed for the weekend soon I wonder what the opening gaps are gonna look like sunday night.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Why EURO?

because this is what I have been trading for the past six months, so I know its motion. Why have I been trading this? Because it was the top currency on my forex software, so it was the first I picked lol

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I trade euro/usd gbp/usd usd/jpy and usd/chf.

I picked the first 3 I did cause one side of the trade is the usd, they move during the times I tend to trade and they are heavily traded. the usd chf i just started messing with in the past week because my hubby was watching it so I started too...I have decided I like it so its now one of my set pairs.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very interesting day ...

It was the first day I've seen in a LONG TIME that decoupled the dollar from the stock market ... the dollar is strengthening AND the market is markedly higher. They have been moving inversely Market up/Dollar down .... Market down / dollar up .... not today!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
ya lol.

a very interesting day indeed.

I lost over 50% of my account trading(read gambling lol) the news this morning!

just as soon as I count on the dollar going down it goes up!

lesson learned!

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Peter Schiff wrote about how China's pegging with the dollar will have to be a process we gradually move from by implementing sound financial/economic policies at home. If they broke the peg today, we'd be doomed. If we keep the peg, we are doomed. This is the fun game we get to play with our lives when there is no gold standard to naturally stabilize our money. *Of course a return to a gold standard is impractical right now, but that's only because we are in so deeply.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.