The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chat GPT - Impressive But I Can't Find A Use For It

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
Don't get me wrong. I want to be as excited about Chat GPT as I was at the beginning of the Web back in 94 but I'm struggling to find an everyday use for it. For example I watched a video about how it's great for replying to emails & I'm thinking yeah nah. By the time I:
-Copy the email text from my email;
-give ChatGPT a prompt;
-Proof read it;
-Copy & paste it back into my email & send it;
Am I really saving any time? The biggest problem is that I have to be there to do all of that. It won't happen whilst I'm sleeping.

Am I missing something here?

On the other hand if it:
-Was integrated into say Gmail
-Could be educated all about my business such that it replies something like:
"Hi John, thanks for enquiring about our XYZ product. Please see answers to your questions below."
-Or could scrape info from the email & create an order via Zapier & put it on my calendar.
Now that would be something useful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

Just takes some research

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I'm struggling to find an everyday use for it.
That's because there is no everyday use for it for the average person.

Don't listen to the hype.

This tool is insanely powerful for some specific applications. But it doesn't mean that the entire world economy and day-to-day life will revolve around ChatGPT from now on.

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
That's because there is no everyday use for it for the average person.

Don't listen to the hype.

This tool is insanely powerful for some specific applications. But it doesn't mean that the entire world economy and day-to-day life will revolve around ChatGPT from now on.

I think it is extremely helpful for coding, which could be one of the applications you're talking about. Don't know about backend devs, but for frontend it is insanely useful.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Don't get me wrong. I want to be as excited about Chat GPT as I was at the beginning of the Web back in 94 but I'm struggling to find an everyday use for it. For example I watched a video about how it's great for replying to emails & I'm thinking yeah nah. By the time I:
-give ChatGPT a prompt;
-Proof read it;
Am I really saving any time? The biggest problem is that I have to be there to do all of that. It won't happen whilst I'm sleeping.

On the other hand if it:
"Hi John, thanks for enquiring about our XYZ product. Please see answers to your questions below."
-Or could scrape info from the email & create an order via Zapier & put it on my calendar.
It's by far the best tech support out there.

I had a very specific problem with my daw and plugin file paths not working. It gave me a great step by step instruction on how to do solve the problem.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
-give ChatGPT a prompt;
-Proof read it;

On the other hand if it:
You mean a potential monetization strategy?

I am testing an MVP. It is in INSIDERS.

Hopefully, Launch in one week.

bmarketguy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 19, 2021
It's a great accessory but that's it. I use it to write product descriptions and then go through a d edit them so they are more in tune with how I write. And with this I have to be very thorough with the information I give it or it just spits out generic sillys.

So like everything, you get out what you put in. It can be useful, but most people are just going to try and cheat with it

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I think it is extremely helpful for coding, which could be one of the applications you're talking about. Don't know about backend devs, but for frontend it is insanely useful.
Over the course of the next decade, we will see a number of AI powered tools for writing, debugging and optimizing code.

It will automate most of the tasks of the current day programmers. But you will still need someone with a brain to be able to understand what's going on, connect the pieces together, and use these tools for managing software systems.

Programming will be done on a very high level of abstraction - less typing and more software architecture decisions.

A

Anon45x4yB

-give ChatGPT a prompt;
-Proof read it;

On the other hand if it:
In my opinion it is only an assistant; not a jack of all trades. But it remains very interesting to train there to better tame the universe, especially while waiting for GPT-4.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I think the probable direction for AI is the rise of the DIY economy.

When eating out is expensive, most people cook.

When eating out is cheap, most people eat out instead of cooking.

When cooking becomes super easy and dirt cheap due to technology, people chose to cook again.

You use to hire someone for XYZ, now you can do it yourself with AI.

So the most probable direction of monetization strategy is to facilitate the trend not fight it. Provide services and tools to help people to DIY services themselves.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I use it for very specific problems and it has helped every time. Problems that I could see taking hours now take minutes. Worse case is the AI gives me a lead as if I'm a detective.

It will also be fabulously helpful for fiction writing when it comes to character and location descriptions, and fact checking (which then is a lead to verify).

So I find it helpful in very specific functions.

Not so helpful for generic.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Connect it with api automation and other software and it does amazing stuff.

Can set up an automation that 1. monitors tweets about a subject 2. takes any tweet that's posted about that subject 3. turns it into a funny rhyme 4. have it create some sort of artwork about that rhyme 5. post the rhyme and the related artwork to twitter with relevant hashtags, all automatically.

Just a random thing but imagine what else you can do with automations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.