The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Celebrities and entrepreneurs use Apple products?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Hopefully, this is the correct forum category.

I am not wanting to judge anybody personally, but I noticed that MJ DeMarco (in one on his YouTube videos) has an iMac on his table.
Patrick Bet David: iPhone X, iMac.

Every known german YouTube producer is a chronic Apple User.

They do not purchase it because of it's ability to record 1080p at 240fps apparently.

Alternatives of Apple (An...., Ub...., etc., full name not mentioned due to forum rules of not advertising) have MicroSD, MHL, often have removable and large and faster charging batteries, waterproofness and wireless charging years earlier. Bluetooth file transfer, miracast, 2160p video capture since 2013, universal charging port with USB, etc. hav always been a privileges preserved from iSheep.

The high price of Apple should not be an issue among entrepreneurs, but Apple is poorly equipped.

I am not criticizing anybody, just wondering what they like much about Apple despite they are technically inferior.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Thought experiment:

What do you think of when you think of Apple? What do other people think when they see Apple?

Why is that?

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Thought experiment:

What do you think of when you think of Apple? What do other people think when they see Apple?

Why is that?
I think of Snapchat Filters, arrogant and antisocial teenagers and faux silicone XXX models such as Katrin Vogel (nicknamed Katja Krasavice) or Chole Mafia.

Of course, none of them are linked to Patrick BetDavid or MJ DeMarco. But Apple is technically chronically inferior.

I also have nothing against animals, but Snapchat makes me think as if I were zoophile.

Last edited:

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Now try and step out of your perspective, and into the shoes of

A. An influencer (Hint: What is their currency? What are they building?)
B. An entrepreneur. What does Apple do that is so flawless? (Hint: Think Culture)
C. Teenagers. What do teenagers want most? (Hint: Think Social)

There is a reason Apple is Apple... To be continued...

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Now try and step out of your perspective, and into the shoes of

A. An influencer (Hint: What is their currency? What are they building?)
B. An entrepreneur. What does Apple do that is so flawless? (Hint: Think Culture)
C. Teenagers. What do teenagers want most? (Hint: Think Social)

There is a reason Apple is Apple... To be continued...
Yes. Apple is excellent at marketing psychology and got a status symbol.
But does Apple literally pay every model? Probably, Apple is also a status symbol to them. And teenagers have the most vulneranle brains anyways.

Apple ecosystem works well, but only internally. Trapping people into a proprietary ecosystem. An....d is universally compatible.
What might be a reason why Patrick Bet-David uses an iMac? Why not Linux? (I did not mention Windows because Apple has successfully imprisoned Windows with negative clichées which are just partially and occasionally true.).

D

Deleted50669

But does Apple literally pay every model? Probably, Apple is also a status symbol to them. And teenagers have the most vulneranle brains anyways.

Apple ecosystem works well, but only internally. Trapping people into a proprietary ecosystem. An....d is universally compatible.
What might be a reason why Patrick Bet-David uses an iMac? Why not Linux? (I did not mention Windows because Apple has successfully imprisoned Windows with negative clichées which are just partially and occasionally true.).
A lot of people don't use Linux because it seems intimidating at first.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
But does Apple literally pay every model?
Other way around. Models pay Apple.

Why? Consider what is in it for them. What is their currency?

They don't care about money, they are about building their brand. Creation of their image.

If you saw a model walking around with a flip phone, wouldn't something seem off? Congruence within a personal image = sending the same message to develop a brand.

In order to sell their image, their brand, every aspect is fine tuned to send a specific message. Yes, the same message can be used with Android phones, but there is a certain appeal and attachment in our society to Apple.

(For reference, I started out with only Nexus phones for my entire smartphone life, but recently am using an iPhone for the last couple years. It's all the same to me, but iMessage is the selling point for me personally).

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

That pretty much answers your question. Why do people use Apple when they are in some aspects inferiors? Because they are master of positioning.

- It is not the most innovative company, but it is perceived as innovative.

- It doesn't have a superior product, it launched the iPhone and changed the cellphone game. And quite frankly, the majority of users are not power users.

- At a moment where windows were "ugly", it positioned its mac and OS as synonym of simplicity and beauty.

- it managed to create a culture of raving fan around its products.

- at a moment when few companies were paying attention to the design and experience of their products, Apple did.

etc...

I think having the best product is not what matter. The main objective is how you are perceived by your market and whether you meet their expectations. Apple pretty much nails that part

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Apple is poorly equipped

Apple despite they are technically inferior.

That's your opinion bud.

While it's true you could build a PC of equal performance for less money, Macs are quite technically sound.

Many people love the user-friendliness of macOS. Windows can be quite annoying for the non-technical folk.

I have to say the UI of macOS is very sexy, and Steve Jobs designed it specifically to appeal to those with a taste for the aesthetics.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You don't need an Apple product to be successful. If you want one, get one. If you think it'll make you more productive, get one. If you think it will improve your personal or company brand, get one. But don't think it's the Apple computer that will make you successful. It's just another tool.

In some instances entrepreneurs don't even need a computer as a tool.

One of my friends is a 70 year old guy that made his wealth in furniture. Guy's worth somewhere in the 8-figures range. A quick anecdote from him:

"They told me to get a computer so I could do sales via email. So I did. I got one. I set up the email. Within a week I started getting the dumbest F*cking questions. 'Hey Howard, can I sell you some shit? Hey Howard, can you answer this question for me that's in the manual?' I had that computer for a week before I unplugged it, threw it out, and never tried to use one again."

To this day Howard doesn't use a computer. When he gets bored, he picks up the phone and gets a 6-figure sale. He's incredibly successful and effective in the modern world and doesn't need a computer let alone an Apple product.

To summarize: The computer you own is just a tool. How you use that tool is up to you.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
just wondering what they like much about Apple despite they are technically inferior.

I missed this part of the post - but I 100% disagree with this.

I'm on the team that supports Apple in our company for their circuit boards. My brother has been a manufacturing engineer at Apple for years as well.

You're thinking of just the outside perspective technologically. What you are not seeing is the amount of technological advancement that Apple pushed in the manufacturing world.

They were the first company to go from a Functionality over design standpoint where functionality dictated how products were made, to flip it and say - "This is the vision and product we want. You guys make this happen."

It was a major shift in engineering that pushed the limits of manufacturing. The density of these circuit boards is insane as well as the spatial margins between the chassis.

Fun fact: Did you know the Iphone x has 2 circuit boards sandwiched together so they can fit 2x the components (top and bottom side of each board), as well as 2x batteries in an L shape?

Technology is not solely surface level. Technology is pushing limits, which is what they have always been great at.

Edit: Check out this tear down for reference: iPhone X Teardown

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
People buy Apple products because there is a certain level of quality you get every time. At least perceived level of quality.

When people who are not tech savvy are buying a phone, there are only a few iPhones. Get the "current" one and you're good. You are certain you got your moneys worth and the latest tech.

Other option for them is android. But there are so many models, so many price points, so many everything. Which one do I get?

You get an iPhone.

Same goes for computers.

While I'm not an apple user, I appreciate the level of polish their OS's have, both on iPhone and macs.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Another fun fact about manufacturing:

Apple has to create machines specifically to create parts of products: The volume button on many of the products took months to create due to the thickness spec. They pushed the thickness on those parts so small that the current machinery continued to break a large portion of their products.

There is a whole slew of issues on the manufacturing side that these "innovative" companies have to deal with.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I like my iPhone 6+ and my Macbook/Mac. For me, they are far superior vs everything else I've used in the same category.

That being said, I love my Fire TV, Google Home, Bose headphones and so on too. I'm not brand loyal - I'm technology loyal.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
People buy Apple products because there is a certain level of quality you get every time. At least perceived level of quality.

When people who are not tech savvy are buying a phone, there are only a few iPhones. Get the "current" one and you're good. You are certain you got your moneys worth and the latest tech.

Other option for them is android. But there are so many models, so many price points, so many everything. Which one do I get?

You get an iPhone.

Same goes for computers.

While I'm not an apple user, I appreciate the level of polish their OS's have, both on iPhone and macs.

I use a Mac because it saves me from the pain of using a Windows machine. The only problems I encounter on Mac is Microsoft related too (Skype and Office apps crash). That's not a joke.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

You get an iPhone.

You've just described my inner thought process.

I could get an android. But which one? Ah F*ck it, just get the next iphone.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
I use a Mac because it saves me from the pain of using a Windows machine. The only problems I encounter on Mac is Microsoft related too (Skype and Office apps crash). That's not a joke.

Were you always an iOS user or did you make the switch from windows?

I can relate to your point but from the opposite side.

If you took away my windows pc and gave me a mac, my whole work process would be increased in time by 30% or more.

I guess it just comes down to what you are used to and what you know how to use best.

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I had no negative experiences, but I prefer Linux. Is Linux common among enterpreneurs?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Were you always an iOS user or did you make the switch from windows?

I can relate to your point but from the opposite side.

If you took away my windows pc and gave me a mac, my whole work process would be increased in time by 30% or more.

I guess it just comes down to what you are used to and what you know how to use best.

I've used Windows for most of my life until I came across Macs. They changed the way I work too. There was a learning curve at first but now I'm very comfortable with using it.

With regards to phones - I come from the era of the Nokia 3210. I've owned a Nokia for longer than I've owned iPhones but once I got my first, the iPhone 4 - I haven't looked back.

I've recently used the Pixel 2 and it's awesome too. The performance is exceptional and I would choose Google if I was looking for a new phone now. But I'm happy with the 6+ and don't see a need to upgrade or move brands.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Lol at all the apple fart huffing in this thread. The reality distortion field is real.

Macs (or any unix-like OS) are far better for developers though, plus Alfred and spotlight, couldn't live without them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.