The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cashing in on quick thinking - £150k profit in 3 months

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Now I have your attention!

I've just seen this website which has been doing the rounds on Twitter thought it was worth a share. It has only been live for a week with the domain being registered in late April. Sure it doesn't obey all the fastlane rules but whoever came up with this idea is in line for a quick return.

Premise:

Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United for Real Madrid in 2009. Ever since there has been rumours of his return to Man Utd with him being one of the most popular ex players of all time.

Execution

Speculation over a CR return to Man Utd has been strong this year and someone has setup this page Bring Ronaldo Home! Manchester United Fans Worldwide GET UNITED! Pledge For Ronaldo! The idea is you pre order your Ronaldo shirt for £55 (£10 deposit) and if enough people buy the shirts that will raise enough to 'bring Ronaldo home'

Having read the T&Cs if Ronaldo doesn't make a transfer to Man Utd by the end of the transfer window (31st Aug) your £10 deposit will be refunded minus £3. If he does then there is a 5% fee on the total £55 purchase.

With 3,727 people pre ordered this week alone someone is in line to make a very decent return regardless of the outcome.

Looking at the website it's been outsourced and it's nothing too complicated with PayPal payments. I can't imagine this would have cost much more than £1k to put up.

Let's say ordering averages at the current rate and they get 50k orders by 31st August. In the end Ronaldo stays at Real Madrid(quite likely) thats equates to around £150k in admin fees! :icon_super: (minus PP fees).

For those of you struggling for ideas..... just proves there's opportunity everywhere!!

NB Also occurred to me that if he were to sign for Man Utd and you went to Nike/Man Utd with an order of over 50k shirts you'd get some decent bulk pricing on top of your 5%. :thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.