Annie Amen
PARKED
- Joined
- Apr 10, 2012
- Messages
- 5
Rep Bank
$50
$50
:wave: Hello everyone. First off, what an awesome forum! This is exactly what I and so many other entrepreneurs need. There are so many naysayers out there in the world and complainers that are happy to try and drag you down with them. Thank you MJ for providing such an awesome safe and encouraging place to mingle, brainstorm and vent!
Here's a little background info: I've actually owned my own business since I was 23 (28 now). My husband and I took over the same business that I started working at as a part time job while in highschool. I started working there when I was 17 and since taking over (5 years ago) we've doubled the annual sales volume and built a new store double the square footage. I love that business and love growing it and working at it, but I don't want to settle as an owner/operator of a brick and mortar retail store. I want to take my experience and knowledge to the internet where I can provide my services and solutions to a much larger audience.
Here's where I can use some advice. Almost everything I've managed to accomplish so far has been done learning as I go. However, my schedule is getting overloaded and as a bit of a control freak and someone who wants to understand everything and figure out everything myself, I am struggling with delegating. I am considering using a service to get backlinks/traffic to my newest blog. Has anyone ever heard of or used DBD SEO? I received an email from them that I was suspecting was going to be one of those automated spam emails about how they can improve traffic to my site, but then I read it and it appeared that an actual human being did look at my site and wrote to me about how they can help me increase traffic.
What have others in similar time crunched situations done? Do you outsource? I'm just having difficulty weighing how much my time is worth and how my time may be better spent writing content and creating product pages while I pay someone to help me get valuable backlinks/page rank. My newest blog hasn't even been indexed by google yet (it's been 2 months), but I feel it's loaded with great content.
I'll stop ranting now. Thank you everyone for your honest, constructive advice and your support. PS if I can help anyone in any way, I'd love to (I'm pretty good at writing business plans, finding loans/capital in difficult financing situations).
Here's a little background info: I've actually owned my own business since I was 23 (28 now). My husband and I took over the same business that I started working at as a part time job while in highschool. I started working there when I was 17 and since taking over (5 years ago) we've doubled the annual sales volume and built a new store double the square footage. I love that business and love growing it and working at it, but I don't want to settle as an owner/operator of a brick and mortar retail store. I want to take my experience and knowledge to the internet where I can provide my services and solutions to a much larger audience.
Here's where I can use some advice. Almost everything I've managed to accomplish so far has been done learning as I go. However, my schedule is getting overloaded and as a bit of a control freak and someone who wants to understand everything and figure out everything myself, I am struggling with delegating. I am considering using a service to get backlinks/traffic to my newest blog. Has anyone ever heard of or used DBD SEO? I received an email from them that I was suspecting was going to be one of those automated spam emails about how they can improve traffic to my site, but then I read it and it appeared that an actual human being did look at my site and wrote to me about how they can help me increase traffic.
What have others in similar time crunched situations done? Do you outsource? I'm just having difficulty weighing how much my time is worth and how my time may be better spent writing content and creating product pages while I pay someone to help me get valuable backlinks/page rank. My newest blog hasn't even been indexed by google yet (it's been 2 months), but I feel it's loaded with great content.
I'll stop ranting now. Thank you everyone for your honest, constructive advice and your support. PS if I can help anyone in any way, I'd love to (I'm pretty good at writing business plans, finding loans/capital in difficult financing situations).
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
