The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cant remember what it was..............

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Hello fastlane members.

A while back I was in the bookstore and went looking through some finance magazines and then I looked on a real estate magazine.

I remember I kept looking at this ad or company in which homes were displayed and it said get your monthly income.

Basically, this company says you give them money to buy the home and they will take care of property management and everything and you collect monthly income.

I do not know if I am sounding far fetched but is this called? And does anyone do it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Many people do this using limited partnerships. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the general partner is the one who accepts the money and takes care of the property management while the limited partner is the one giving the money to collect monthly income.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Be very careful. This is becoming a real hot area of REI right now. Consider all the possible things to go wrong as well as right.

If you buy a turn key investment SFH a 1000 miles away and the PM doesn't do his job right or just quits, what will you do? Andviv needs to chime in here. He has experience with long distance PM's.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I also figured what would happen if the property manager died?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
If this is an area that interests you, you might consider a large partnership or a REIT.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
It's likely a limited partnership.

The individuals who engage in LPs generally have no interest or skill at investing.

If the PM dies, you get another.

Best regards

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!