The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Canary singing

CanaryBird

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Dec 2, 2016
United States
Hello, everyone! I'm a touch nervous to introduce myself, but here I am!

Who Am I?
I'm currently twenty years old and a senior in college studying computer science and business. I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane when it popped up as a recommended book on Goodreads and devoured it. I've been trapped in a slump lately, staring down a future in the slow lane. I got an internship at a very respected company, followed by a job offer. When I got that letter, my parents were so proud. But it was like I could feel my world shrinking.

I could see myself, twenty, thirty, forty years from now, in a job that doesn't fulfill me, working in an industry I don't support and it was like a noose was tightening around my throat. Every time I told people that I cared about how I dreamed of entrepreneurship, I got nothing but opposition. But you have such a good job! We're so proud of all that you've done! I wish I was in your position! Do you really want to risk everything? Canary, everyone hates their job. Everyone is unfulfilled. What makes you so special? And I listened to them.

What's the Plan?
First of all, I have to work on myself. Though they can be improved, I feel that I do already have at least the start of a lot of the skills that I will need to succeed in business. I love selling, I love helping solve problems. Mostly, I need to work on my mindset, to believe that I am capable of accomplishing my goals.

Product wise, I'm currently developing a SAAS product for the real estate sector that I know solves a real problem. It's reminding me why I liked programming in the first day. I have no idea what I'm doing. Everyday I find something I don't understand or don't know how to handle at first. It's almost becoming addictive. Throwing yourself into something and discovering that you can handle it is a grade-A way of building your confidence.

Why?
I'll admit, I don't have a taste for expensive cars (though I certainly don't begrudge those of you that do!) My goal is be able to buy a couple acres of land and build my own home. Then, I would spend a couple months of every year traveling and devote my time to personal projects. I want to completely own myself and my time, instead of being at the mercy of someone else.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome.
Look around you, and you'll find lots of information on how to get started and to get moving!
Real estate is wealth 1.0 or fastlane 1.0, so I'm sure you'll do well in the sector provided you adhere to the Fastlane commandments.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, and of course you'll find some Fastlaners who might need insights on your area of focus. Do not hesitate to help them out.
What I can tell is that you have got a magnificent start....I'll give you that! :)

I understand about Slowlane expectations. I can't blame your parents or friends who don't really understand you...they were raised in the Slowlane matrix. But TMF is the red pill..and you have just began to break out of the societal norm.
Go forth and enhance your Fastlane, and win your freedom! It's yours and no one else's!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hello, everyone! I'm a touch nervous to introduce myself, but here I am!

Who Am I?
I'm currently twenty years old and a senior in college studying computer science and business. I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane when it popped up as a recommended book on Goodreads and devoured it. I've been trapped in a slump lately, staring down a future in the slow lane. I got an internship at a very respected company, followed by a job offer. When I got that letter, my parents were so proud. But it was like I could feel my world shrinking.

I could see myself, twenty, thirty, forty years from now, in a job that doesn't fulfill me, working in an industry I don't support and it was like a noose was tightening around my throat. Every time I told people that I cared about how I dreamed of entrepreneurship, I got nothing but opposition. But you have such a good job! We're so proud of all that you've done! I wish I was in your position! Do you really want to risk everything? Canary, everyone hates their job. Everyone is unfulfilled. What makes you so special? And I listened to them.

What's the Plan?
First of all, I have to work on myself. Though they can be improved, I feel that I do already have at least the start of a lot of the skills that I will need to succeed in business. I love selling, I love helping solve problems. Mostly, I need to work on my mindset, to believe that I am capable of accomplishing my goals.

Product wise, I'm currently developing a SAAS product for the real estate sector that I know solves a real problem. It's reminding me why I liked programming in the first day. I have no idea what I'm doing. Everyday I find something I don't understand or don't know how to handle at first. It's almost becoming addictive. Throwing yourself into something and discovering that you can handle it is a grade-A way of building your confidence.

Why?
I'll admit, I don't have a taste for expensive cars (though I certainly don't begrudge those of you that do!) My goal is be able to buy a couple acres of land and build my own home. Then, I would spend a couple months of every year traveling and devote my time to personal projects. I want to completely own myself and my time, instead of being at the mercy of someone else.

Welcome to the fastlane. My daughter just went through this in the last 2 years. Young people seem to think of things as right or wrong, as you age you begin to see shades of gray.

She graduated with a biz degree but she doesn't want to do entrepreneurship. She wants to be an artist.

From my perspective I am all for it as long as she can support herself. My business investments paid for her degree and that was the end of the gravy train from me.

She got a well paying job and pays her own way now for the last couple of years, with a few bumps in the road. I am proud of her.

However, she has begun working aggressively on the professional artist thing in her own time and doing it her own way. She is working on her dream AND supporting herself. That is what I am more proud of.

My message to her was to manage resources wisely and avoid consumer debt as much as possible and you will be a slave to no one, ever. She is listening so far.

There is nothing wrong with establishing yourself in life and then doing things your way. There is something wrong about freeloading off of others as you work your dream.

Make your plan and work it. Show the world how it's done.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on you progress occasionally.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome to the fastlane. My daughter just went through this in the last 2 years. Young people seem to think of things as right or wrong, as you age you begin to see shades of gray.

She graduated with a biz degree but she doesn't want to do entrepreneurship. She wants to be an artist.
I would say that all artists are actually entrepreneurs.

What makes the difference between a modern artist raved about by critics and a street artist eking a meagre existence selling his work as lowly priced souveniers? Marketing, promotion, systems that would be relative to a Fastlane, let alone entrepreneurship.

Your daughter will eventually get to the point in which she require entrepreneural skills, as many artists do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

argelast

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 5, 2016
Valencia
I'm willing to find Fastlane colleges to create a group of telegran/what apps to share our path and maybe some business, if anyone is interested just let me know. With the permission of DeMarco of course.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...