- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
Holy Sh*t, I really put "Can you Related?". RELATE. CAN YOU RELATE?
I was deciding whether or not to put this in mindset and motivation, or people / relationships. I think this is more appropriate. If it's not. Plz don r4ge MJ.
This may sound a little superficial, materialistic, but here it goes.
Every year I go to the Philly Auto Show, seeing all of the crazy cars gives me motivation to create that type of lifestyle for myself. Not so much as being flashy and "look at me", but knowing that if you REALLY want something, you can get it.
I remember going up to the section with Lamborghini's, Bently's, Aston Martins, Ect, and seeing people just flocking around them and making jokes like "Hey man, I'll be picking mine up next week!". And then everyone started laughing.
Now, something rings off as being SO intimidating and SO hopeless, when every single person surrounding that (Well at least the ones vocalizing their thoughts) and really only joking and teasing each other about ever being able to acquire such a thing. The word really is - hopeless.
It's that huge mentality of everyone combined that makes you almost second guess yourself "Damn, this guy in his 50's can't even afford it, I'm in my 20's, so who's to say I can?".
Granted, besides the materialistic stuff, I KNOW I will create my dream lifestyle. Hell, I'm doing it right now. Not as fast as some of you, but I'd like to think starting at 20 and failing a lot is ok, just as long as I'm doing it.
This is not saying that people who want to live their own lifestyle are inferior at all. It is simply such an overwhelming mindset of "I'll NEVER have that, might as well joke about it", that possesses me for a small amount of time and saturates my mind with self doubt.
I was deciding whether or not to put this in mindset and motivation, or people / relationships. I think this is more appropriate. If it's not. Plz don r4ge MJ.
This may sound a little superficial, materialistic, but here it goes.
Every year I go to the Philly Auto Show, seeing all of the crazy cars gives me motivation to create that type of lifestyle for myself. Not so much as being flashy and "look at me", but knowing that if you REALLY want something, you can get it.
I remember going up to the section with Lamborghini's, Bently's, Aston Martins, Ect, and seeing people just flocking around them and making jokes like "Hey man, I'll be picking mine up next week!". And then everyone started laughing.
Now, something rings off as being SO intimidating and SO hopeless, when every single person surrounding that (Well at least the ones vocalizing their thoughts) and really only joking and teasing each other about ever being able to acquire such a thing. The word really is - hopeless.
It's that huge mentality of everyone combined that makes you almost second guess yourself "Damn, this guy in his 50's can't even afford it, I'm in my 20's, so who's to say I can?".
Granted, besides the materialistic stuff, I KNOW I will create my dream lifestyle. Hell, I'm doing it right now. Not as fast as some of you, but I'd like to think starting at 20 and failing a lot is ok, just as long as I'm doing it.
This is not saying that people who want to live their own lifestyle are inferior at all. It is simply such an overwhelming mindset of "I'll NEVER have that, might as well joke about it", that possesses me for a small amount of time and saturates my mind with self doubt.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
