The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can you flip Groupon?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I've seen a lot of threads talking about e-commerce and hustling craigslist and such (CC: @RichKid),

Have you ever bought items for cheap on Groupon and flipped them? Would that be easier than scrolling through Craigslist and meeting people in Parking lots? [Plus you can startup on a Credit Card rather than needing cash for all the naysayers].

I'm intrigued as you can find tons of 90% off stuff that maybe there's a hustling opportunity there. I'll search today and see if I can find a good item as an example.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
My grandpa uses groupon for just about everything. We were just out in Phoenix on vacation staying with him and he bought 5 waterpark passes, we only used 4. He stood out in front of the ticket booth for a few minutes and sold the last one to somebody making $10 profit.

Myself, brother, and sister were embarrassed and pretended not to know him, but it worked lol.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
One way to find out.

A progress thread and AMA once you have vetted the process would be awesome!

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I find that most deals on groupon are just overpriced cheap accessories. At least on the Portuguese version.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

I've seen a lot of threads talking about e-commerce and hustling craigslist and such (CC: @RichKid),

Have you ever bought items for cheap on Groupon and flipped them? Would that be easier than scrolling through Craigslist and meeting people in Parking lots? [Plus you can startup on a Credit Card rather than needing cash for all the naysayers].

I'm intrigued as you can find tons of 90% off stuff that maybe there's a hustling opportunity there. I'll search today and see if I can find a good item as an example.

I've never done groupon, but have used the same idea behind your post.

Looked for online sales, bought brand new electronics, etc and turned around and sold them.

Boxing day is the single biggest day to do this kind of thing. You don't even have to leave your house, just buy a bunch of stuff on a rewards credit card, stuff arrives at your door a week later, then you start selling it.

Like this https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/boxing-day-bootstrapping.50159/

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
I didn't want to spend too much time dwelling on it but was curious if there was opportunity. I did research on many Goods sold in their goods section. Just a 1/4 of the items I looked at , researched, compared to ebay/craigslist are;

1)eli manning signed helmet
2) 3.5 helicopter nba edition
3)charboil 280 gas grill
4)proformer 440r rower
5) pet gate
6)pet bed
7)hello kitty watch
8)targus case
9)wool coat
10) Women's low cut boot

Again this is just a small sample but wanted to give you ideas of the areas I looked in.

After doing many hours of research, I've determined that the price they cross out as the basis for the "Deal" are actually pretty crazy. It's a price you may find at some obscure corner of the internet, but most prices will be the same as Amazon. Thus, they do a good job of positioning it as being a great deal, but you won't find many items that would yield a substantial profit.

So, I didn't try it as I didn't find anything that I would make even $15 on. Instead, I spent an hour fixing up an old lawnmower and selling it on Craigslist for a $100 :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.