The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can SEO be considered Fastlane? Search engines have CONTROL...

GreggJ

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 10, 2012
Hey guys.

I'm starting an SEO business, and it's a service highly in demand. I'm doing it for a very specific niche that has to do with offline businesses, but the thing is:

GOOGLE HAS THE CONTROL!

For those who read the book, MJ is a control freak, and I totally understand where he's coming from.

But to a certaint extent, I think SEO experts will always find their way to follow whatever Google does with how it ranks sites and stuff. And if you hire some SEO experts, they will do the job for you.

With all this said: Can SEO be considered Fastlane? Why or why not? What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Ignore my first post you resembled a spammer that broke loose lol. Unless..... you are one? Generally if its not scalable in some fashion its probably not fastlane. How many customers can you reach, services or products can you sell etc. Can you touch millions or sell something for a million. Doesn't mean you cant make money doing it though.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
lol, dont worry about it, it was my mistake.

Just curious, have you read the book? I'm not a tech person but I think most would not consider SEO fastlane unless you can scale it; can it be automated or can you hire a thousand people to do it etc. You can use the search function, im sure this question has been brought up before if that helps.

D

DeletedUser2

There was a business in California called Bullsai.

it was an seo company that broke 20M a year in revenues.
They managed to scale, so I guess its possible,

but it does require giving the big GOOGLE alot of control.

they had thousands of "local" clients all over the country. they specialized in reaching out to little guys, helping setting up a website, and getting them ranked in the local area.

they relied heavily on "human" systems. and scaled that way. worked for them.

they could be an example of where your trying to go.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
You should view SEO as an marketing and sales channel for your fastlane idea.

Doing SEO for other companies can be profitable, but lacks the Commandment of Control. It's a competitive market (i worked for an agency) and your building someone else's Asset - that's definitely not fastlane.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Teach people to do their own SEO, that is very scalable.

Also, there were search engines before Google, there will be ones after it as well.

To do any Internet business you are giving up a certain amount of control as you are dependant on your ISP, your network connection, electric company, OS creator, browser updates and government regulation.

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
It does give Google certain control, but if you're covering your a$$ enough it's possible to prevent much hurting from Google. Diversify the links and you're safe.
Google can't possibly hurt you that much unless Google closes down as a company, which is close to impossible.

BTW, I'm doing something similar so feel free to contact :)

SEO can be fastlane. Almost every field can be fastlane.
You can package an SEO training module -or- hire people / use scripts to do the SEO work for you. Both options make your SEO expertise scalable, thus being able to impact millions. (not that you need to do SEO for a million companies)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.