The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can selling information products be Fastlane?

DavidofMN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 19, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Group,

Information products: goodness know that I have bought enough of them through the years. Like in the book when MJ said that he was a late night marketers dream so am I. I was chasing money and then not following through on the info. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

My question is: is creating an information product in the fitness industry then selling it online (using ClickBank, etc.) a Fastlane strategy?

Concerning the 5 commandments:
Need - People need to get in shape/look better
Entry - Anyone can do it if they want to
Control - You control the product since you created it but places like ClickBank would have some control.
Scale - Potential to reach millions of people
Time - Once set up it could run with relatively little additional inputs.

What do you all think?

Thanks,
David

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tekcraze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 21, 2011
Canada
The Entry of "anyone can do it if they want to" is your biggest obstacle by far. The fitness industry is a hot market but you really need to have something that stands out from the crowd otherwise you will not go anywhere.

As for ClickBank, you would really want to focus on getting people to sell your product (I assume e-book) as an affiliate - you will "loose" some of your revenue in payouts to the affiliates, but increase your reach exponentially by having many people promoting the product.

I would investigate the market a bit more before you spend a lot of time to make sure you understand your competition.

David Walsh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 7, 2011
Philadelphia
David, over at Muselife.com, we posted a lengthy video/interview about your exact question (re: creating information products within the fitness industry). I'd normally steer clear of making my 1st forum post a link out to a blog, but two reasons tell me it's the right move:

1. That video (about a product called The Hollywood Physique) seems perfectly relevant to what you're asking about, and I'd be shortselling you to try to sum it up again here.
2. We just posted a solid interview with MJ as well, so that's naturally worth checking out.

The short, short answer to your question though: health & fitness is a timelessly profitable niche market, and there's still room for disruptive products to make healthy revenue. Right now, there's opportunity for simply being higher-quality and more niche'd than the swarm of all-purpose health/fitness products. Yes, anyone can create an information product, but very, very few can create them at the level of quality they deserve. "Entry" seems violated, but it isn't. Anyone can make the attempt, but it takes a hell of a lot of work and ingenuity to be dominant. More on this in the video, though.

DW

accelerator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 25, 2011
It is Fastlane, but very difficult. Plenty of the top click bank affiliate's especially in weight loss make millions a year. I would make a site and promote some else's product to learn a little bit about promoting, then when your site grows, promote your own product and find other affiliates. Most of the weight loss eBooks give the affiliate a 75% cut and sell for around $30-40 so if you want serious money your going to need ALOT of affiliates and be making 100+ sales a day or be selling the eBook yourself in large numbers. I wouldn't recommend writing a weight loss eBook unless you have ton's of marketing experience, an amazing book and think you would be able to attract affiliates. Log on Clickbank and check out how many weight loss ebooks there are, 99% of them won't make more than $100 a month.

On the bright side:

If you manage to get affiliates Clickbank will pretty much do all the work for you, you'll make ALOT of money in your sleep and have to do very little work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.