- Joined
- Oct 6, 2019
- Messages
- 59
Rep Bank
$390
$390
User Power: 119%
This forum has inspired me to invest into my side hustle of buying Internet sites. Been doing my DD for previous 3 months. Researching like crazy, talking to brokers, dabbling in Wordpress development, affiliate marketing, etc. I have a very busy professional job so I can spend nights / weekends on my sites. Maybe 10 hours per week max.
I will be investing $150k into web business over next 18 months.
My goals -
1. Passive Income - doing this to make money
2. Retire to do this full time in 5 years - As I wind down my day job and closing in on retirement savings completed - if I can hit $150k annual on my sites it will cover my expenses.
3. Learn the business - learn how to manage sites, make money online. I can do this into retirement for income.
I'm looking at multiple content or FBA sites around $30 to $50k, 2.5x purchase price vs. a single content site at $100k 2.5x purchase price.
Growth potential - the FBA sites have simple products that are kinda boring - 2 year consistent earnings. Selling widgets. The $100k content site is much more interesting to create content, affiliate marketing, etc - but with the unknown if I will be successful in creating new affiliate links to profit like the current seller has done.
So the question - do you buy multiple sites to diversify, reduce risk at the expense of more time? Or go "all eggs in single basket" with a bigger site.
TIA.
I will be investing $150k into web business over next 18 months.
My goals -
1. Passive Income - doing this to make money
2. Retire to do this full time in 5 years - As I wind down my day job and closing in on retirement savings completed - if I can hit $150k annual on my sites it will cover my expenses.
3. Learn the business - learn how to manage sites, make money online. I can do this into retirement for income.
I'm looking at multiple content or FBA sites around $30 to $50k, 2.5x purchase price vs. a single content site at $100k 2.5x purchase price.
Growth potential - the FBA sites have simple products that are kinda boring - 2 year consistent earnings. Selling widgets. The $100k content site is much more interesting to create content, affiliate marketing, etc - but with the unknown if I will be successful in creating new affiliate links to profit like the current seller has done.
So the question - do you buy multiple sites to diversify, reduce risk at the expense of more time? Or go "all eggs in single basket" with a bigger site.
TIA.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
