The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying established websites?

speakers4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 7, 2016
Australia
After some recommendations on where I can buy established websites!

Have you used any before? Do you know of any?

Post them below.

Thanks!

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
As mentioned in the post above, Flippa requires a lot of due diligence before you buy, and even after buying you could get trapped in some kind of scam if you don't use the escrow service. Besides, the quality of the average website being sold on Flippa is low and most buyers who know the market avoid it.

EmpireFlippers dot com does most of the work for you if you're a serious buyer. People I know have bought sites from them and are very satisfied. I believe they maintain a list of buyers who buy from them again and again as and when they have good websites available for sale. I am not affiliated or connected with them in any way.

Insaint

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Sep 11, 2015
Europe
EmpireFlippers dot com does most of the work for you if you're a serious buyer.

There are still terrible websites on EmpireFlippers despite their vetting process. On average they are a lot better than what's on Flippa, but you should still do very thorough due diligence on any site you want to buy there. Especially because more and more sites up for sale (everywhere, not just EmpireFlippers) have very short track records.

Another site you can look at is FE International (not affiliated). They are a step above EmpireFlippers I think, but again, due diligence.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
There are still terrible websites on EmpireFlippers despite their vetting process. On average they are a lot better than what's on Flippa, but you should still do very thorough due diligence on any site you want to buy there. Especially because more and more sites up for sale (everywhere, not just EmpireFlippers) have very short track records.

Absolutely. One must do due diligence including thorough research before buying anything, no matter if someone vets it beforehand.

speakers4u

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 7, 2016
Australia
Thanks for the replies!

I understand the process of establishing some websites can take an extended period of time, hence if you have the capital, why not simply buy in down the track.

As mentioned however, conducting (and backing) your own due diligence is key.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.