The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy to rent US vs EU

notinuse1245

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 13, 2021
Quick background info: I currently live in Germany, and I have about 30k€ I saved up over the last year. My current apartment is super cheap and there is no reason to buy a similar apartment in the area.

I was looking at apartments to buy in Germany, but tbh the average rent is just way too low to rectify the price of an apartment.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos by American real estate investors and to me, it looks like real estate is overall cheaper and rent is more expensive.
Does anyone have the same experience or is there anything I am missing?
Also, does anyone have experience with investing in US real estate as a non-US resident?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted85763

Quick background info: I currently live in Germany, and I have about 30k€ I saved up over the last year. My current apartment is super cheap and there is no reason to buy a similar apartment in the area.

I was looking at apartments to buy in Germany, but tbh the average rent is just way too low to rectify the price of an apartment.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos by American real estate investors and to me, it looks like real estate is overall cheaper and rent is more expensive.
Does anyone have the same experience or is there anything I am missing?
Also, does anyone have experience with investing in US real estate as a non-US resident?
That's true. In western Europe apartment buildings can be worth 1 million but the apartments rent for only 600 euros per month. In the US generally a 1 million property would command rents of like twice or three or more times as much. In the US depending on where the property is located annual property taxes can be very high, like $20,000 each year.

D

Deleted85763

That's true. In western Europe apartment buildings can be worth 1 million but the apartments rent for only 600 euros per month. In the US generally a 1 million property would command rents of like twice or three or more times as much. In the US depending on where the property is located annual property taxes can be very high, like $20,000 each year. That is a major consideration.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.