The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy or build?

psyguy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 3, 2019
I am a novice when it comes to website design and the more I look through Wordpress and search plugins, the less confident I am that is cut it for what I am trying to do, but maybe I am missing something.

I am looking to create a site that searches the internet and pulls out information from other sites, categorizes that info based on custom tagging, and then presents that information to the user in a simple format. Is this possible in Wordpress or would I be looking at hiring developers or learn to code?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
This is something you need to a custom coded solution for. And depending on what sites you want to "crawl" that's not terrible easy.

But there are also legal/moral implications by doing this.

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
I am a novice when it comes to website design and the more I look through Wordpress and search plugins, the less confident I am that is cut it for what I am trying to do, but maybe I am missing something.

I am looking to create a site that searches the internet and pulls out information from other sites, categorizes that info based on custom tagging, and then presents that information to the user in a simple format. Is this possible in Wordpress or would I be looking at hiring developers or learn to code?

Thanks

Hi, looks that you may need some custom code or at least some custom integration. There are open source SW that will crawl sites for you, (google "open source crawler"). I'd imagine that WordPress has some plugins built for that, but I'm not sure if they fit your needs.

I have software that does crawl a list of websites and do some basic filtering. It then creates webpages based on that data. You can approve the pages or edit it before it goes live. It also creates social media posts based on crawled data....

Not sure what's your use case, maybe I can help you but would need to know a bit more what you're trying to do. Also, depending on how you'll present the crawled data, it may cause some copyright infringements, etc.

anyway, if you don't mind to share your ideas, I may be able to help (you can send a private message if you're afraid to explain the idea in public, however, if you have more details, more member could help with your specific use case)...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.