The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Business Owner, Completing MBA

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

D

Deleted91516

Greetings! I am a graduate student enrolled in a MBA program at the University of the People. I am interested in finding out more about management processes in the business world so that I can be a more successful business owner. My business interest s include sustainable farming, AI technology, archival preservation, research & development, and publishing. Thanks for your interest!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Johnny boy

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
fd52c2dec0abba3db0757a33be2bbcad.jpg

Do you currently own a business? That's the second step to becoming a better business owner. The first step is seeing an opportunity (problem to solve) and then taking action.

thechosen1

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Texas
What is your current business?

Studying an MBA will teach you things you need for a j-o-b, not necessarily set you up on the path to business ownership.

All the business owners I know either have no college degree, or they studied something that they do for work (engineering for an engineering business, law for a law firm or title company, no degree for a real estate brokerage but they have the certificate)...

Technology businesses especially are notorious for having no clear formal educational path. You can study computer science, but that won't teach you how to start and operate a social network (or a forum like this one).

Sorry for the harsh replies on your first post - lol welcome!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
What is your current business?

Studying an MBA will teach you things you need for a j-o-b, not necessarily set you up on the path to business ownership.

All the business owners I know either have no college degree, or they studied something that they do for work (engineering for an engineering business, law for a law firm or title company, no degree for a real estate brokerage but they have the certificate)...

Technology businesses especially are notorious for having no clear formal educational path. You can study computer science, but that won't teach you how to start and operate a social network (or a forum like this one).

Sorry for the harsh replies on your first post - lol welcome!

Lol, I have a business degree from a pretty prestigious university. It was still: “just what you do,” when I did it. I was really at the tail end of the “collEGe is sUpeEr iMporTAnnt to your fUtUre” narrative.

I hope to help my kids into good apprenticeships one day in lieu of traditional school.

@Thembi welcome to the forum. You will find that, despite your credentials, the vast majority of your learning starts now. Lean into it and understand that the world will never be taught in a classroom.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers