The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business in Mexico

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
After spending a couple of hours reading the forums yesterday I decided to sign up and track my progress here and hopefully receive some useful feedback from some of the more experienced members.

I am currently working a full time day job in a major IT corporation and most of the time I´m absolutely bored out of my mind, day dreaming about a more fulfilling career.

Having my own business, something I created that gives me sufficient income and above all freedom, has been my greatest dream for the last decade.

At the moment I have a couple of projects I have been spending time and money on and I am planning to launch 2 of them after my holidays.

I wont get into too much details right now but two of the projects are very small B&M fast food concepts, one very common and successful in this city already, the other a fairly new product.
My biggest headache with these projects is that I do not want to spend my days there and I need someone I trust to supervise.
I have sort of a ´mentor´ here who has done very well for himself over the past 5 years with similar concepts.

The other project will be a niche website offering a ´service´ listing and a shop.
Main roadblock here is that income from the service would be based on professionals paying for advertising space to promote their ´product´ and I want to make sure I can at least break even in the beginning.
I will be hiring someone to start development after I complete my ´market research´.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AMfree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 11, 2012
i think u should do something about ur time now.bussinesses at the start needs attention so either u quit ur job and focus on it 100%
and employ someone later or expect some mediocre something. u didnt state whether u were doing the bussiness to kill time b'cos u are bored or u really want to use it as a start to CUL.anyway review ur plan

Mexidan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 28, 2012
The idea is to put my evenings and weekends to good use and take care of the ´big picture´ while my wife will leave her job to take care of the day to day stuff.

Eventually I want to leave my day job, but not until I see serious potential in one of my investments.
Reason for this is that I have a daughter and I need to be able to pay for school, groceries and health care.
I´m doing this not out of boredom but out of ambition and because to me its fun and I am passionate about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...