The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business ideas where you do not need to communicate with customers

Idea threads

MrRobot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2020
Switzerland
So are there any business ventures which just involve technical skills like writing code or analyzing data. Like generating videos for youtube (Data Search channel for example). I really just want to do tech stuff. Selling and outsourcing communication to a VA is not an option.

I hate marketing and sales :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
W4UqMvU.png

Choices

Never Settle
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Sep 3, 2019
Switzerland
So you both don't want to do the part that's highly critical to a business, and neither can afford to outsource it.

Sounds to me like you're the perfect candidate to keep your job for now.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So, you want to build something, but you don't want to do the part that involves attracting people to it, or convincing them to give you money for it?

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
So are there any business ventures which just involve technical skills like writing code or analyzing data. Like generating videos for youtube (Data Search channel for example). I really just want to do tech stuff. Selling and outsourcing communication to a VA is not an option.

Create a app or game that use ad or in app purchases to collect money , you dont need to deal with sales and people .
[Edit]
Opps you hate marketing too ? apps require marketing efforts to spread . so at least you will need to run Adword .

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland

The only way to do that is with a business partner you trust a lot. As @pumpking suggested. Either remotely or with a friend, both can work perfectly. It depends on the business but you may need to hire two people, one for marketing and one for sales.

I personally would recommend instead of giving them a salary to give them ownership in the company, this may take away a little of your freedom, but then you have one or two really motivated co-owner, which hopefully put in 70+ hours workweeks to skyrocket your business. If you just hire people, they see your success and will get jealous and won't be focused 100% on the project.

MrRobot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2020
Switzerland
Hey thanks all for your input.

Bitcoin bro
I am invested in various projects in this sector and had some really nice gains but it is not enough for me.

So, you want to build something, but you don't want to do the part that involves attracting people to it, or convincing them to give you money for it?

Yes

Create a app or game that use ad or in app purchases to collect money , you dont need to deal with sales and people .
[Edit]
Opps you hate marketing too ? apps require marketing efforts to spread . so at least you will need to run Adword .

Apps are dead. See:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOb0ThditOo

Most of the people are only using like 2-3 Apps. Games do not make enough money and it cannot be scaled.

The only way to do that is with a business partner you trust a lot. As @pumpking suggested. Either remotely or with a friend, both can work perfectly. It depends on the business but you may need to hire two people, one for marketing and one for sales.

I personally would recommend instead of giving them a salary to give them ownership in the company, this may take away a little of your freedom, but then you have one or two really motivated co-owner, which hopefully put in 70+ hours workweeks to skyrocket your business. If you just hire people, they see your success and will get jealous and won't be focused 100% on the project.

Yes that would be nice. My only problem is that personally I only know tech guys and people who are not suitable for sales / marketing.

Building something (non scammy stuff) in the crypto space might be something I want to work on. Also I do not have big dreams, I know I am not the guy to create the next facebook or ethereum. Just looking for a proven way to provide value (online).

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Yes that would be nice. My only problem is that personally I only know tech guys and people who are not suitable for sales / marketing.
You can hire a freelancer for doing the work remotely or you try to find somebody locally. If you want somebody a little local, I may have some contacts but it all depends on the exact work you do.

Building something (non scammy stuff) in the crypto space might be something I want to work on. Also I do not have big dreams, I know I am not the guy to create the next facebook or ethereum. Just looking for a proven way to provide value (online).

What about an app that puts together all your finances? Bitcoin wallet, different currencies, credit cards, cash app, Venmo, Paypal, everything. Maybe even stock portfolios? Don't think that this exists yet, or they do really poor job at marketing because I would get it immediately.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Do you know that you have just communicated with potential customers?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.