The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Business Idea, What do you think?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Ok, so I got this idea the other day because at the exit of the local Airport (where I work) there's always a kid in a wheel chair selling postals and such. I usually buy some and chit chat with him.

The idea:
-Create a cab (taxi) company where drivers would be people in wheel chairs (don't know the word to describe them)

Benefits:
-Cars for this people have less taxes added so they are cheaper than normal cars.
-Business that hire disabled people pay less taxes
-Good public image of the company
-Help people that otherwise can't get jobs (poor education, can't make "muscle" jobs)
-The city needs cabs as the actual quantity is not enough (lots of demand)

Obstacles:
-In order to get professional driver's licenses, disabled people must have a civil license for 2 years before that.
-The government only gives the licenses to this businesses once a year, and they are not enough, so one could buy the cars and make all the paperwork just to get a no for an answer... :coco:

As I said, it's just an idea, but I would love some feedback!

Cheers

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I think it is a great idea. Fills a need. Has great PR. Helps people

Not sure on how you overcome the hurdle, but that is a great job of identifying a niche.

S928

Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
Jorge, I think it's great that you're trying to help out disabled people. There's a popular Californian company that hires disabled people. The company generates most of its profits from government contracts. If you can go that route, and win contracts, you could make a lot of money. For more ideas, check out their website.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 7, 2007
Jorge, in the Netherlands there is a company called Valid Express that offers courier services. All their drivers have a physical impairment or a chronic disease.
The company has been around now for I guess approximately 10 years and they are doing fine. Thanks to them several people who otherwise would never be able to work have a job. They get lots of PR and won several entrepreneurship prizes.
So, yes go for your idea.

WheelsRCool

Contributor
Aug 12, 2007
Great idea IMO, if you do it nd are successful though, watch out for the Bus Union if there's one, as I rea about a company started up by immigrants. It was minivans and these minivans would drive people to wherever they wanted, far more quickly and efficiently than the bus company (which had to get subsidies to survive).

Well the Bus Union came out full-force and managed to shut down this company because it was competing too much.

So if you are successful, just IMO watch for that. Good luck!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Thanks for the input guys!

I'm going to do DD and if its doable I'll make a business plan.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Hi Fox, After reading your threat and watching some of your youtube I have several query ? 1...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom