The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business idea about Grocery Shopping

Idea threads

Marco Vavassori

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 20, 2021
Hi everyone, that's the first time I write on the forum, sorry for my English, however, i have an idea for a website or app and i wanted to know what you guys think on some aspects.

Basically, a month ago my mom was complaining about the fact that she didn't know what to shop (and then cook) for the coming week so I thought why not create a website or app where based on the data of the family such as the number of people, age, gender, etc... the software can propose healthy meals, according to seasons, common choices and so on, for the entire week and (here's the important thing) automatically create a ready to buy shopping cart on grocery website and then buy directly from there so they also deliver at home (at least here in Italy).

My concerns are:
1) Can I link my service to a website such as Walmart?
2) Otherwise, can I take the money from the customer myself and then make a deal with grocery stores for the orders coming from my service?
3) How can this idea be monetized in another way (monthly subscription)?
4) Can I leverage the online grocery shopping website network?
5) Could it be a good idea to use AI (with the data the customer provides) to propose the best combination of meals?

I know that the idea must be tested on the market before developing the service, and I also need to learn to code (started 2 months ago, probably need a co-founder).
I also thought of a service designed for people on a diet because my mom said that she struggles to find the uncommon groceries needed on some diet sheet: I could solve this problem by filling in the weekly diet and then sending the customer directly to Walmart cart ready to purchase with everything they need for the whole week's diet.

I know it's a boring topic, hope someone could free me from the fog. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This sounds terribly complicated for a first venture, especially if you're planning to interface/code it yourself.

Have you ever started a small business, even something small?

Marco Vavassori

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 20, 2021
This sounds terribly complicated for a first venture, especially if you're planning to interface/code it yourself.

Have you ever started a small business, even something small?
No, I'm 22, maybe you're right, better to turn on something more manageable. Thank you for the advice MJ.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
7498F64E-674E-4A82-A00D-11FD9BF2A593.png
Take a look at these. Can you make a better version or is there a feature non of them have? How similar are they to your idea and how are they different? See if there is value you can add and go from there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marco Vavassori

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 20, 2021
View attachment 37253
Take a look at these. Can you make a better version or is there a feature non of them have? How similar are they to your idea and how are they different? See if there is value you can add and go from there.
Thanks for the advice.
Just 2 minutes ago I've seen this:
I know that is just a video but according to the 500k+ likes for some people (especially younger generations) is a problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.