The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Credit

FE13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 11, 2019
I am not really ready to start a business yet, nor do I know exactly what kind of business I would like to start, but in the meantime couldn't I start a general LLC to start building business credit now?

Couldn't I start a parent LLC like "FE13 Holdings" and basically let it do nothing but start building credit accounts sooner? Or do some kind of jobs under it?
Then later when I am ready to really start a specific business I could start it as a subsidiary LLC of that, to do whatever sort of business I choose under, but still be under the same credit history of the parent LLC.

I don't know if I want to start a real estate business, mechanic business, construction business, or pawn shop etc.. But what can I do NOW to start something rolling so I could then get financing more easily for whatever I choose to do?

Can I start a business just for the heck of it to practice business stuff and get a couple business cards to exercise to start building a business credit file?

Personally, you can't start building credit when you want to get a mortgage, they will laugh at you. You have to build credit far in advance of being able to get a good mortgage, so I assume the same logic applies to business financing no?

I do all sorts of freelance jobs and could start doing some of them under a business, using business accounts, to START building a business, and business history, so some day I can get financing to do something BIG..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Dude. WTF.

Why in the world are you thinking about this?

First, you don’t build credit just by setting up a shell company and doing nothing with it. You build credit by borrowing funds and paying them back. Showing lenders that you are credit worthy. As the business grows, the level of trust that you will pay them back also grows and so does the amount of capital you can borrow.

You are about 10 steps ahead of the first step right now and playing a game of mental masturbation. I know because I’ve been there. Thinking of tax structure for non-existent revenue. Haha.

Step one. Find a need in the market. Add value. And most importantly, study MJ’s books.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I've never been a credit guy but I must say, good job on trying to think ahead (if you choose to use credit). I totally understand what you are saying. Now, use this train of thought to start some type of small, cheap business now and keep thinking ahead. But.... act now.... otherwise you are what's known as a dreamer. Not ready for a business? Sure you are..... now start a business by next Wednesday. But, if you really aren't ready to start SOME kind of business today.......... you probably never will be ready. Since I was 11 years old my sister has said she was going to move from her small town to a bigger town..... I'm 53 now Nowadays I just make fun of her for still saying it. Don't be like her and don't try to make excuses for yourself now; just do it! Do you want me to make fun of you in 42 years when you're still saying.... I'm not ready right now.....

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Big action fake

"I am not really ready to start a business yet"

giphy.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.