The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business CPAs recommendations

Anything related to investing, including crypto

mycrew143

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2023
Hi All,
First time poster.
I am looking to by a donut shop. The numbers provided do not seem great in that the GrossRev is about $300k but cashflow is about $6k.
Looking for an accountant to help determine if this is a good "opportunity". I believe there is a lot of overhead that could be reduced for better return on investment.
Can anyone recommend an hourly accountant that I can consult with?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HabitsCampaigner

Jim Miotke
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 6, 2021
Monterey, CA
Hi @mycrew143

I am often wondering who are the best CPAs and where to find them too, but for a different reason.

I personally would not consult a CPA on whether or not a business opportunity is good. My past experience has taught me that CPAs are GREAT for taxes but I cannot let them make big business decisions for me. They have a different talent set.

Have you read MJ's three books? If not - if you have read 1 or less of them, I highly recommend you start there. And I am not kissing up to the teacher. They really are the best starting place.

On first glance, those numbers do not look good to me, and I would not get a donut shop myself - unless maybe it was one of those novelty donut shops where they make crazy works of art and charge an arm and a leg.... then you're selling something of more unique value than a donut which I can get anywhere.

mycrew143

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2023
Hi @mycrew143

I am often wondering who are the best CPAs and where to find them too, but for a different reason.

I personally would not consult a CPA on whether or not a business opportunity is good. My past experience has taught me that CPAs are GREAT for taxes but I cannot let them make big business decisions for me. They have a different talent set.

Have you read MJ's three books? If not - if you have read 1 or less of them, I highly recommend you start there. And I am not kissing up to the teacher. They really are the best starting place.

On first glance, those numbers do not look good to me, and I would not get a donut shop myself - unless maybe it was one of those novelty donut shops where they make crazy works of art and charge an arm and a leg.... then you're selling something of more unique value than a donut which I can get anywhere.
Yeah the numbers are not ideal, but.... I kind of think of it like a real estate flip. It looks like it is in distressed and needs help. Buy it, go in and make changes for the better like reduce costs, add specialty product, expand to other shops(it has the ability to produce more), etc. I see it more advantages then starting a new business from scratch.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
post the numbers here and let business people weigh in ....

cpa's do what the tax code and you tell them to do.... how would they know if a business made sense for you?

need to learn to read a P&L / Balance sheet and 'read between the lines' to value the business. post the info

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mycrew143

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 15, 2023
post the numbers here and let business people weigh in ....

cpa's do what the tax code and you tell them to do.... how would they know if a business made sense for you?

need to learn to read a P&L / Balance sheet and 'read between the lines' to value the business. post the info
Hi ZCP.
I would love to but I am under NDA. Can I send PM or is there someone on in this forum that consult/hr?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
dm me ... we can take a look together ... just gray out names / etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.