The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Acquisition Mentor Search

Keepg01ng

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jul 10, 2020
Osaka, Japan
Greetings Fast Lane Team,

I am posting my first thread to both share some key links I have found throughout this great forum, and see if anyone has any resources on a few next steps suggested in this great content i have given links to at the bottom of my post to help re-share the stuff that is helping me.

I have been studying the path to business ownership via acquisition of an existing business, which would work well for my situation (Good amount of savings following an overseas 'slow lane' assignment, recently laid off, housewife and 3 y/o son, 36 y/o with industry experience) and I am struggling with one main thing. I need to find a mentor. Many suggest this is a key part of the journey and that you sometimes have to pay a mentor.

Does anybody have any suggestions regarding the best way to find a mentor via LinkedIn or other online means? The meetup networking is a little messed up right now with the COVID thing. (In my case focused on Acquisition Entrepreneurship)

Thanks!

And... the great suggestions here from other Fast Lane posters who I want to thank for pointing me in these directions. Thanks!

Inspiring GOLD post and 2 years chronicle from DoItMan:

Nick Bradley, who also has a podcast:
View: https://youtu.be/fqxXoduxf7Y

Richard Parker, who has some great free content on his site:

Walker Deibel, whose book I am reading. 3/4 done and pretty solid despite some minor typos:
View: https://youtu.be/3H_ipTe08Ps

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest1413tpa

Following this one, as I am in the same boat. Curious to see what others have to say.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Don't have a lot of experience on this topic. But I strongly believe that everything you give you'll receive back. So just try to help other people on platforms like this, but also in your everyday life. And
attend some meetings try to do some networking and sooner or later you'll find a mentor.

A lot of times if someone is in need of a mentor it's because they are unsure if their business in on the right path or aren't motivated anymore. In that case, a coowner can help or just somebody you can talk to.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
277%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Jason Paul Rogers has some pretty good videos on the subject.

I also recommend the book "Buy then Build" by Walker Deibel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Keepg01ng

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jul 10, 2020
Osaka, Japan
@Tubs This is much appreciated. Good videos.

I found Walker's book as a good overview, but left me wanting more...then I found out "more" would come at the massive cost of one of his seminar courses. He has found a good fast lane there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...