The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a web design and marketing firm.

Marketing, social media, advertising

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Hello all,
As Ive been browsing through all the different posts I keep coming back to the idea of building a digital marketing company. I understand that this possibly is a fad startup. Honestly my motivation for doing this is that I am surrounded by business owners that can require my assistance. Most of the Facebook pages I see for small business have either crappy landing pages or terrible social media marketing. Many of these businesses have Facebook pages that have not been updated since the dawn of time. I am reading through Neil Patels blog to soak up as much info as I can. I have a background in Html and CSS. Slowly I plan to learn javascript then React and Node. Many of the other libraries are outdated in my opinion.
I already have 3 businesses that have asked me to help them just by expressing these ideas.
I will keep you guys posted and any criticism is welcomed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hello all,
As Ive been browsing through all the different posts I keep coming back to the idea of building a digital marketing company. I understand that this possibly is a fad startup. Honestly my motivation for doing this is that I am surrounded by business owners that can require my assistance. Most of the Facebook pages I see for small business have either crappy landing pages or terrible social media marketing. Many of these businesses have Facebook pages that have not been updated since the dawn of time. I am reading through Neil Patels blog to soak up as much info as I can. I have a background in Html and CSS. Slowly I plan to learn javascript then React and Node. Many of the other libraries are outdated in my opinion.
I already have 3 businesses that have asked me to help them just by expressing these ideas.
I will keep you guys posted and any criticism is welcomed.

Hi mate

Basically I have to say I love your idea. There is a big need for new websites and/or Facebook/Instagram pages. However, in my mind you can't do everything by yourself, otherwise it will be too boring and not really profitable. But while teaming up with some friends it's one of the best ideas to start an online business. Obviously won't make you a billionaire but done right I think it can be highly profitable. I'm thinking a while now about starting something similar. Just hit me up and we can talk about it.

Cheer
Valentin

therealmark

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Dec 27, 2017
Spokane WA
Here is my advice as an owner of a reasonably successful development company...

If you plan to do any of the coding yourself...pick a different business.

You will get swallowed up into spending all day creating stuff for other people at an hourly rate... some people call this a job...

Here is my 3 step guide to creating an Agency:

Step 1:

Do some research and find some people that already know how to do the websites, landing pages, etc...(Checkout Philipino developers. ) They are excellent at these low level development tasks, and very cheap.

Step 2:
Partner with someone who can manage the developers and talk to the customers and give them half of the profits to run the operation.

Step 3:
Only after step 1 and 2 are complete... go and get all those business owners you mentioned to give you money to build their stuff.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Here is my advice as an owner of a reasonably successful development company...

If you plan to do any of the coding yourself...pick a different business.

You will get swallowed up into spending all day creating stuff for other people at an hourly rate... some people call this a job...

Here is my 3 step guide to creating an Agency:

Step 1:

Do some research and find some people that already know how to do the websites, landing pages, etc...(Checkout Philipino developers. ) They are excellent at these low level development tasks, and very cheap.

Step 2:
Partner with someone who can manage the developers and talk to the customers and give them half of the profits to run the operation.

Step 3:
Only after step 1 and 2 are complete... go and get all those business owners you mentioned to give you money to build their stuff.

Think you're totally right. You have to concentrate 100% on the customer and then have a web designer who does the work for you. And the marked for this service is huge at the moment and it's just an essential need to have a good website nowadays.
And it's probably quite easy to get a lot of costumers, think 10 new customers a day per person who is working full-time isn't a problem. If you just focus on getting a huge amount of customers instead of getting this one high ticket costumer, or what do you think? Or am I a little overreacting?
But I certainly agree with you and an agency is the way to go. Thanks for your valuable information.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
I understand that this possibly is a fad startup

I can tell you this industry is FULL of scammer BS marketers looking for a quick buck, but it is also a booming industry. If you can figure out a unique offering, it can be very lucrative. Approaching a business with transparency and professionalism is a refreshing change from the scammy BS they are used to.

Be different. Be better.

Dude! There ya go. Now, absolutely KILL it for these clients. Wow them to the moon & back, over-deliver on results and you will be in a fantastic spot.

Keep us posted!

~ Andy

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!