The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a MVP for a AirBnB website with limited funding. Suggestions?

Short-term rentals

RNoles19

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 29, 2016
So I am trying to start a MVP for a marketplace business. It is a very different business from AirBnB, but the website would operate in a similar fashion. Any ideas on the best SaaS platforms to build an online marketplace MVP?

I am not expecting AirBnB. I know that costs millions of dollars to build. I just want to get a functional prototype out there. Basically looking for a Shopify website, but for marketplaces.

In my opinion, ShareTribe doesn't look very good. And it isn't very functional for an hourly rental marketplace (no calendar option).

I tried Arcadier. It looks good visually, but has a lot of kinks to work out. And again, the calendar option where you would see what times are available, is pretty poor.

Any other options? I am about to try mymarketplacebuilder.com, which honestly LOOKS very promising. Anyone have any experience with this? I think they have over 3K likes on Facebook, which is a good sign (I hope).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Marketplacer, Australian company which has been a success story down there.

They host the world's largest bicycle marketplace I believe.

RNoles19

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 29, 2016
Marketplacer, Australian company which has been a success story down there.

They host the world's largest bicycle marketplace I believe.

Ya that's a good call. Thanks. I'm familiar with them. I think they may be a little pricey, but I'm going to get in touch with them today and figure out their exact pricing plan because they seem legit and look like exactly what I'm looking for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RNoles19

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 29, 2016
A web app builder called Bubble is an option for you.

Someone used it to build an AirBnb like clone in a set number of hours.

Takes a bit of learning the platform, but can be done.

Thanks. I'm not a coder by any means. And I'm looking to build a MVP website first, then an app later. Thanks for the feedback though.

ChrisM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 2, 2017
Cardiff
Thanks. I'm not a coder by any means. And I'm looking to build a MVP website first, then an app later. Thanks for the feedback though.

Ooops, didn't make it clear in my post, this service allows you to build a website with AirBnb functionality without needing to code.

The second link, a time lapse of someone building a AirBnb clone, is done without code.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.