The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Build a Product You Would Buy

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Little post for the noobs out there. If you're lacking ideas, here's a good way to get the mind going.

Chances are there's certain problems you'd pay good money to fix.

Better yet, if you KNOW how to fix it AND you've solved the problem before in the past, you can offer this solution to others.

In Entrepreneurial Speak, this is called "Scratching your Own Itch."
It's a good litmus test for market validation, before you get customers.

If you KNOW you'd pay money to fix a problem, you KNOW the odds of succeeding are higher because there's people out there who'd want the same.

I'll give some examples (which are actual services I'd consider launching myself, btw)...

— I'm a good musician, but suck a$$ at marketing it. I'd pay a decent monthly retainer to have someone send my music (which is a pretty big back catalog, btw...) to youtube music channels / playlist owners on a consistent basis. That way it can actually get in front of eyeballs instead of collect dust.

— Back to the music part. I'm good at starting songs but suck at finishing them. I'd pay good money to have someone finish my projects. Probably in the medium-long term I'm looking at hiring musicians to finish my songs, and if successful, re-sell their services at a profit under my own business.

— Job hunting sucks a$$, but so does being stuck in a job you hate. I'd pay someone to apply to places on my behalf and at least seek opportunities for me, in case things turn sour at my job. I think recruiters do this but I'm thinking more of an automated email blast kind of service that you pay a monthly retainer for.

Scratching your own itch certainly isn't the only thing to consider when evaluating ideas. If you find a solution to some of the problems you're facing, great! You'll be income for a business owner and your problem is solved.

If you can't find anything out there that solves your problem however...

...you have an obligation to build it.

Chances are, few will...and you'll be the first to profit from it! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Electric snowboard so I don't have to sit on the lift... where do I send the money?

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
— Job hunting sucks a$$, but so does being stuck in a job you hate. I'd pay someone to apply to places on my behalf and at least seek opportunities for me, in case things turn sour at my job. I think recruiters do this but I'm thinking more of an automated email blast kind of service that you pay a monthly retainer for.

This one seems like a winner. The ROI for the end user is literally in the XXX-XXXX% range, so it would be a much easier sell than other products imo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.