- Joined
- Sep 23, 2015
- Messages
- 54
Rep Bank
$405
$405
User Power: 137%
Hey all,
I am currently in the process of getting my real estate license in the state of Florida. This is my slowlane backup but recently I had (what I believe to be) a very good idea on how to develop a real estate business that is very much fastlane....
It involves building a franchiseable real estate agency. I am positioned in a certain niche and have found that there doesn't seem to be anyone else attempting what I would do, but the one and only caveat is that at the time of my licensing, I wont be a broker. In Florida, I would have to work under a broker for 24 months before being able to take the broker class.
So my questions lie in what defines a brokerage as a brokerage?
I believed that I had to be a broker to hire agents to work along side (or under) me within my business. Is this true?
Theoretically speaking, could I get my license and immediately start an independent real estate company, then if i was able to capitalize on my market the way I plan too, could i then franchise my company out to other agents and/or brokers? Or do i have to become licensed as a broker before I can do any hiring or expansion of my business?
Also, if my assumptions are correct, and I do in fact have to be a broker before I could build a franchise, is it possible to just joint venture (50-50) with someone who is newly broker licensed and looking to build a business?
I am currently in the process of getting my real estate license in the state of Florida. This is my slowlane backup but recently I had (what I believe to be) a very good idea on how to develop a real estate business that is very much fastlane....
It involves building a franchiseable real estate agency. I am positioned in a certain niche and have found that there doesn't seem to be anyone else attempting what I would do, but the one and only caveat is that at the time of my licensing, I wont be a broker. In Florida, I would have to work under a broker for 24 months before being able to take the broker class.
So my questions lie in what defines a brokerage as a brokerage?
I believed that I had to be a broker to hire agents to work along side (or under) me within my business. Is this true?
Theoretically speaking, could I get my license and immediately start an independent real estate company, then if i was able to capitalize on my market the way I plan too, could i then franchise my company out to other agents and/or brokers? Or do i have to become licensed as a broker before I can do any hiring or expansion of my business?
Also, if my assumptions are correct, and I do in fact have to be a broker before I could build a franchise, is it possible to just joint venture (50-50) with someone who is newly broker licensed and looking to build a business?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
