simon43
PARKED
Hi to all on this forum. I'm a British guy, lviing and working in south-east Asia since 2002. I worked in telecoms for many years, but I've been building and managing small tourist hotels in south Thailand for the past 10 years.
I've joined this forum to try to get advice/leads for locating investors for Myanmar (Burma). As we can all read on the daily news, that country is slowly opening up, much to the dismay of neighbouring Thailand, who fears that all it's foreign tourists are going to head over to Myanmar.
If you look at a map of the country, especially the southern part, you'll see hundreds of small and large islands dotted along the coast. These islands and the nearby beaches and countryside on the mainland are as yet, undeveloped for tourism - but it's coming!
I've just completed the build and opened my last 2 small hotels in Phuket, which is a popular tourist island in Thailand about 3 hour's drive from south Myanmar.
Now I want to build and manage a small hotel in Myanmar, just across from Thailand.
All my Thai hotels are profitable, but I do not have the funds to build in Myanmar. That's why I've come to this forum - to see if anyone can suggest investor leads, or even show an interest themselves.
This is a hands-off investor role (unless you happen to be willing to live/work in Myanmar). And right now US citizens are not allowed to invest in Myanmar. But those sanctions are expected to be lifted very, very soon.
I do have some interested parties, but no-one has yet become an investor in this project, 9other than small level investors).
I'm very happy to hear some good advice from forum members
Simon
I've joined this forum to try to get advice/leads for locating investors for Myanmar (Burma). As we can all read on the daily news, that country is slowly opening up, much to the dismay of neighbouring Thailand, who fears that all it's foreign tourists are going to head over to Myanmar.
If you look at a map of the country, especially the southern part, you'll see hundreds of small and large islands dotted along the coast. These islands and the nearby beaches and countryside on the mainland are as yet, undeveloped for tourism - but it's coming!
I've just completed the build and opened my last 2 small hotels in Phuket, which is a popular tourist island in Thailand about 3 hour's drive from south Myanmar.
Now I want to build and manage a small hotel in Myanmar, just across from Thailand.
All my Thai hotels are profitable, but I do not have the funds to build in Myanmar. That's why I've come to this forum - to see if anyone can suggest investor leads, or even show an interest themselves.
This is a hands-off investor role (unless you happen to be willing to live/work in Myanmar). And right now US citizens are not allowed to invest in Myanmar. But those sanctions are expected to be lifted very, very soon.
I do have some interested parties, but no-one has yet become an investor in this project, 9other than small level investors).
I'm very happy to hear some good advice from forum members
Simon
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
