The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brick and mortar business's ( Magnitude, scale and demand)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I have recently been studying and reading books on business. I have learned a couple of basic things I would like to share. Most of these things you already know but it is a nice little reminder.

Sales: If you can not sell your business will die. Sales are the life blood of every business. You do not need a ground breaking idea to make it big. You just need to be able to sell.( And then retain with high quality service).

Online business's- Yes, they can be great and low cost to start ( Especially if you have tech skills) . But they are
not for everyone. Do not forget about traditional business's models.

Sell big items- Some here might say this is wrong but I would much rather sell 100 items for a 100k profit then 10,000 items for the same amount of profit.

Items with high profit margin- Houses, financial products ( stocks, insurances, mortgages) Cars, trucks, RVs, ect have caught my attention. ( Add to the list if you have ideas of high dollar items with margins)

Scale- If you are building a brick and mortar you will need to learn how to manage people. (Read the e-myth) Hire A+ players.

Demand- Believe it or not most of the things we buy are commodities. People can get them elsewhere. So you will need to provide more value then the next guy offering a similar product. Again learn sales and customer service.

Leverage- We have 24 hours in a day. You can only do so much. Learn to build systems in your business and it will eventually prosper without your assistance.

I am personally learning to become a master sales person. I will then invest the funds into real estate and possibly a company in one of the areas I mentioned with high margin ( 2K-10K per sale).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

leveragehacker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for sharing. It's good that you've decided on your area of competence and are educating yourself in it more and more. Best of luck in your journey. I couldn't agree more on the points regarding knowing how to sell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.