Over the last 6 months I've been thinking about a niche of behavioral economics. After many conversations with people fleshing out the idea, I'm ready to start calling it a process. I'm writing a book. It's going to be a very accessible read. I'll do the hard research and leg work, and let the reader enjoy the fruits of it.
I've established a need, I know it's a hot topic (various key topics of the book are all over the news this year), and with my background in psychology (bachelors) and finance (MBA), I'm well equipped to explore the issue and I've got some interesting opinions on it. Conversational feedback has been tremendous.
So, what have I done so far?
There should be many more interviews still to come - it's always refreshing to find how happy people are to share their ideas and offer their time. But I'm at the point where I can at least start writing, which is surprisingly intimidating. I love writing and it's always been a side hobby of mine, but when thinking about the commercial intentions behind this book, the idea that thousands of people need to like it is more intimidating than I'd expected. I suspect the only way forward is to start forcing myself to write, and let the flow take over naturally.
This will not be about me mass-producing writing as fast as possible for Amazon - I suspect I'll be spending at the very least 6 months, likely much longer, in order to make this into what I want it to be. I'll be looking to get it published, and I'm lucky enough to have some great friends in the world of writing and publishing who may be able to help me if I actually produce something of value. If not I'm happy to self-publish.
Here's to the process.
I've established a need, I know it's a hot topic (various key topics of the book are all over the news this year), and with my background in psychology (bachelors) and finance (MBA), I'm well equipped to explore the issue and I've got some interesting opinions on it. Conversational feedback has been tremendous.
So, what have I done so far?
- I've read about 500 pages of economic and psychological research on the topic, partially to find the evidence for what I already hypothesized to be true, and partially to flesh out my understanding.
- I've created a draft structure for how the book should be laid out.
- I've interviewed a prominent U.S. economist on the issue, as of last night.
There should be many more interviews still to come - it's always refreshing to find how happy people are to share their ideas and offer their time. But I'm at the point where I can at least start writing, which is surprisingly intimidating. I love writing and it's always been a side hobby of mine, but when thinking about the commercial intentions behind this book, the idea that thousands of people need to like it is more intimidating than I'd expected. I suspect the only way forward is to start forcing myself to write, and let the flow take over naturally.
This will not be about me mass-producing writing as fast as possible for Amazon - I suspect I'll be spending at the very least 6 months, likely much longer, in order to make this into what I want it to be. I'll be looking to get it published, and I'm lucky enough to have some great friends in the world of writing and publishing who may be able to help me if I actually produce something of value. If not I'm happy to self-publish.
Here's to the process.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
