The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brain Games

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I wanted to post this website. I've used it for about a year and really enjoy it. There is a free trial period for those who don't want to pay. Even then, it is worth the price. How smart are you? :idx: Good luck with it.

Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity

(I don't profit from this link in any way)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is this considered a good brain game?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqUHaCUXMA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Get out of my yard Paul Gilbert 100% FC Guitar Hero 3 Custom Song[/ame]

Absolutely insane. More insane is how many hours the kid must have played to get this good ... 2,000 hours I'd bet.

Carpel tunnel at age 19.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Here's a neat illusion. Which way is she spinning?

illusion.gif

This silhouette wins the award for coolest thing we've seen all day -- and it's not just because the tiny dancer above is in the buff. This is a little test that will tell you whether the left or right hemisphere of your brain is more dominant.

Instead of concentrating on her chest, concentrate on the woman's movement. If you see her spinning clockwise, that means you're using the right side, or more creative side of your brain. If she appears to be moving counter-clockwise, then that means the left side, or more logical side of your think muscle is superior.

At the Switched office, some of us see her going clockwise, others see her spinning counter-clockwise. At least one of us claims to see both, while another one of us opened this animation in Adobe ImageReady in order to isolate the frames to see if there's any direction-changing funny business going on. There isn't.

Take the test for yourself. Then, if you have time for a 50-question survey, compare these instant results to a more thorough diagnosis.

From Gizmo Watch

But wait! We have more optical illusions for you!

The Trippiest Optical Illusions on the 'Net

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I see the woman in both directions. What does that mean?

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I think it means your using your creative and logical side equally? :urock2:

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Evolution claims that simple (dumb) evolved to to complex (smart). This proves that the scientist have it wrong. I bet you can't beat it. :404:
It takes some practice, Good Luck!

Lumosity Games - Are you smarter than a chimp?
Only played once I got 5
said the chimp averaged 8

lol damn. I think thats more of a reaction time type test though. Certainly not a test to test smarts. Its not even much of a memory test cause sometimes the numbers came up so fast and in a spot I wasn't expecting I didn't even see most of them. Times I did actually see all the numbers for that 1 second, I basically always got it, except the times I messed up on the very last 2 numbers.

funny cause 3 of them I got all the numbers but I got the last 2 switched. I coulda had the same as the chimp

Oh and I see the chick spinning clockwise
lmao sparlin

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I tend to switch the last two digits too. You're still young. What you will find interesting is if you do this test in 5 years from now, then again in 10. You'll get depressed. lol
If you want to win some money, get your friends drunk then bet them 5 bucks they're dummer than an ape. :smx6:

ndhand

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 13, 2009
I'm trying to see her spin counter-clockwise and can't. I guess I have no logical capability.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
Here's a neat illusion. Which way is she spinning?

illusion.gif

This silhouette wins the award for coolest thing we've seen all day -- and it's not just because the tiny dancer above is in the buff. This is a little test that will tell you whether the left or right hemisphere of your brain is more dominant.

Instead of concentrating on her chest, concentrate on the woman's movement. If you see her spinning clockwise, that means you're using the right side, or more creative side of your brain. If she appears to be moving counter-clockwise, then that means the left side, or more logical side of your think muscle is superior.

At the Switched office, some of us see her going clockwise, others see her spinning counter-clockwise. At least one of us claims to see both, while another one of us opened this animation in Adobe ImageReady in order to isolate the frames to see if there's any direction-changing funny business going on. There isn't.

Take the test for yourself. Then, if you have time for a 50-question survey, compare these instant results to a more thorough diagnosis.

From Gizmo Watch

But wait! We have more optical illusions for you!

The Trippiest Optical Illusions on the 'Net
I'm 99% sure that the woman changes direction every * seconds.
I've heard about this many times before.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Yeah it has to switch. I think there is a small glitch where the image pauses and then switches directions unless that is my internet connection. Because once it switches I can't get it to switch back immediately and then BAM it switches.

It's tough to concentrate because I keep focusing on her nipples. :smilielol:

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Yeah it has to switch. I think there is a small glitch where the image pauses and then switches directions unless that is my internet connection. Because once it switches I can't get it to switch back immediately and then BAM it switches.

It's tough to concentrate because I keep focusing on her nipples. :smilielol:

No shes spinning both ways at the same time. Which ever way you see her spinning more often is the side of your brain your using more of. You can see her spinning the other way too if you just stare at her foot when it lowers to the floor where it meets the shadow of her foot. You may have to scroll the rest of her body out so you can only see her foot and shadow since its very hard to see her spinning the other way. I had to do this since I could only see her spinning clockwise. When you get it down you can make her spin any way you want anytime even back and forth. Neat illusion.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
Regarding the spinning woman, I see her going both directions (not at the same time:)). But she seems to spin clockwise naturally. It's only after I look at it a little, that she spins the other way.
That's what everyone sees.
She's turning clockwise at first, then after a minute(?) she turns counter-clockwise and then quickly goes back to clockwise.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I can make her switch directions instantly to where she doesn't appear to spin at all. I'm able to repeat the process indefinitely. I think the principle is that your mind tends to "fill in the gaps" when presented incomplete information. There is definitely a glitch that can be seen on her foot when she rotates clockwise. I think what happens is that we focus on one area (foot) and our peripheral vision makes us see the rest. Once your brain "figures out" what direction the woman should spin, it tends to interpret it that way until you focus on the foot again.

Then again.. it could just be magic.

Oh yeah.. I can only make her switch direction by looking at her foot...all other features (Boobies for the lay person) are way too distracting.

Moneymaka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 22, 2009
I can make her switch directions instantly to where she doesn't appear to spin at all. I'm able to repeat the process indefinitely. I think the principle is that your mind tends to "fill in the gaps" when presented incomplete information. There is definitely a glitch that can be seen on her foot when she rotates clockwise. I think what happens is that we focus on one area (foot) and our peripheral vision makes us see the rest. Once your brain "figures out" what direction the woman should spin, it tends to interpret it that way until you focus on the foot again.

Then again.. it could just be magic.

Oh yeah.. I can only make her switch direction by looking at her foot...all other features (Boobies for the lay person) are way too distracting.
Wow you're right!
Really thought there was some shady stuff going on with the image.

By scrolling down to the point when you can only see her foot, like you said, can make you change direction instantly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.