TheAstonMartian
Banned
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2011
- Messages
- 77
Rep Bank
$195
$195
User Power: 6%
Hi!
I am 21, with a technical diploma, and unemployed. However, I have training tomorrow at a retirement home for dishwasher/server. In a way, I need the money as I made a commitment with someone else and have to rack up $1500 for a bootcamp. Other than that, I live with my close-knit parents and always look for opportunity.
I have some previous experience with writing an e-book but only as an affiliate marketer. Because of that, I was not implementing what I was preaching but rather tried to sell advice based on other people's products (Forex) and book advice (How a Second Grader beat Wall Street), plus the age old RRSP (Registered Retired Savings Plan) which is based on Slowlane approach), and also real estate (Rich Dad, Poor Dad). HAHAHAHA, I had a lot of knowledge but not anything specific. I did not finish the ebook as I did not think I could do much with it.
I also created a website which expired a while ago about selling a Flight Simulation software as an affiliate but knew that it was a questionable product. I did not publish the website but just played around making up stories about it. I then left for my job in another city for oil/gas industry.
Currently, I haven't been able to find a job in my field that would pay highly but now I know that its all meaningless. My sister said that I could have stayed with my crap job in another city, made $4,000 a month, and then payed mortgage for a house. Don't you just detest it when other people start planning your future?
My friend once said that he saw a Lamborghini pull up to a bar and he was astounded. I gave my word yesterday, that we will be those guys.
Right now, my dilemma is as follows.
1. I live with my parents, and hence they want me to go back to school to study mechanic, hardware technician, electrician, etc. just to start something again.
2. I spend some time on the computer so they do threaten from time to time to take it away.
3. I don't pay rent. Obviously, if I did, I would be working a lot more in two jobs just to pay rent, and then come home and be tired. However, I do plan on moving out since my freedom is very much restricted at home, and if I did come up with a good idea, there will be a lot of skeptics around who will take away that freedom from me.
Aside from that, I am set. I used to work in an A&W (fast food establishment) and really worked hard, but my co-workers would have fun at my expense. The thought would cross my mind that even though my bosses are friendly and lovable, in the end, I am just a pawn making them significant dough for $10.50/hour. No offence to them, but I want to own my own dreams. Two busses to work would get me late often.
My gameplan is that I am starting from somewhere. I have to. I used to give up thinking that there was too much competition out there and I could not give value to others since I am more of a recluse. However, the idea will eventually form and lead to process. Until then, I will work just to satisfy my parents to give them the illusion that I am progressing, and also save up money for any costs that may come up when I do have a plan.
I am 21, with a technical diploma, and unemployed. However, I have training tomorrow at a retirement home for dishwasher/server. In a way, I need the money as I made a commitment with someone else and have to rack up $1500 for a bootcamp. Other than that, I live with my close-knit parents and always look for opportunity.
I have some previous experience with writing an e-book but only as an affiliate marketer. Because of that, I was not implementing what I was preaching but rather tried to sell advice based on other people's products (Forex) and book advice (How a Second Grader beat Wall Street), plus the age old RRSP (Registered Retired Savings Plan) which is based on Slowlane approach), and also real estate (Rich Dad, Poor Dad). HAHAHAHA, I had a lot of knowledge but not anything specific. I did not finish the ebook as I did not think I could do much with it.
I also created a website which expired a while ago about selling a Flight Simulation software as an affiliate but knew that it was a questionable product. I did not publish the website but just played around making up stories about it. I then left for my job in another city for oil/gas industry.
Currently, I haven't been able to find a job in my field that would pay highly but now I know that its all meaningless. My sister said that I could have stayed with my crap job in another city, made $4,000 a month, and then payed mortgage for a house. Don't you just detest it when other people start planning your future?
My friend once said that he saw a Lamborghini pull up to a bar and he was astounded. I gave my word yesterday, that we will be those guys.
Right now, my dilemma is as follows.
1. I live with my parents, and hence they want me to go back to school to study mechanic, hardware technician, electrician, etc. just to start something again.
2. I spend some time on the computer so they do threaten from time to time to take it away.
3. I don't pay rent. Obviously, if I did, I would be working a lot more in two jobs just to pay rent, and then come home and be tired. However, I do plan on moving out since my freedom is very much restricted at home, and if I did come up with a good idea, there will be a lot of skeptics around who will take away that freedom from me.
Aside from that, I am set. I used to work in an A&W (fast food establishment) and really worked hard, but my co-workers would have fun at my expense. The thought would cross my mind that even though my bosses are friendly and lovable, in the end, I am just a pawn making them significant dough for $10.50/hour. No offence to them, but I want to own my own dreams. Two busses to work would get me late often.
My gameplan is that I am starting from somewhere. I have to. I used to give up thinking that there was too much competition out there and I could not give value to others since I am more of a recluse. However, the idea will eventually form and lead to process. Until then, I will work just to satisfy my parents to give them the illusion that I am progressing, and also save up money for any costs that may come up when I do have a plan.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
