The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boss Confidence...a MUST for every leader!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kelly!

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Apr 1, 2021
I had a new hire training yesterday for new staff (obviously) and a promotion for a long-term employee who's climbing the ladder to success and growing within the company. The employee, who's been with me for almost 6 years now, gave me compliments left and right for the way in which I manage the company and respect my staff and clients. Not trying to toot my own horn here as I do NOT like being in the spotlight and I shy away from and poo-poo compliments as I don't like to get all mushy about it. Today I came across this article on confidence and found that it related to me as the CEO of my companies and what I do on a daily basis with staff, client's and other professionals in the field.

Thought I would pass this along to others who might benefit from it! I touched on this subject matter yesterday during the orientation training, about being confident even when you don't feel like it on the inside.

Confidence comes from inside, but there are a handful of phrases you can learn that will assist you in at least appearing confident even if you don’t feel confident. Most of these examples simply turn passive phrases into assertive statements...which is a must when you're a leader and run a company or just in the beginning stages of starting a company! :bicep: :cool:

1. “I Won’t”
Yes, this one is a little aggressive but it can go a long way. When asked to do something that you don’t feel is your responsibility or don’t think you should do for moral reasons saying “I won’t” is much more assertive than saying “I can’t” which is saying the same thing but projects fear and insecurity.

2. “I Believe”
When making a suggestion for a change or alteration using “I believe” is much more confident than using something like “Maybe we could…” or “What if…” It simply shows your own faith in your ideas in a more assertive way and decreases the chance for people to debate you.

3. “I’m Glad You Like It”
This is a phrase to use anytime you receive a compliment on a piece of work that you did. We have a tendency to deflect positive feedback and say things like “Just doing my job” or “it was nothing.” If you did the work and someone says they like it, accepting the compliment is a much more confident position than trying to devalue your own work.

4. “I’ll find out for you”
We’ve all been in a situation where we, or our team, is asked a question by a client or superior that we don’t have an answer to. By saying “I’ll find out for you” we take a confident, pro-active position and come off as a problem solver rather than someone who isn’t prepared.

5. “Tell me More”
There is a fear in every workplace of not knowing something, or of being seen as a non-intelligent person. However, people who are confident in their own intelligence aren’t worried about having it questioned so they are more comfortable asking follow up questions when they don’t know something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.