The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boshans Progress thread. Nutrition info products.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Hello Fastlaners,

Justin Boshans here.

I'm writing this to put a bookmark in where I am currently, to be held accountable (it helps me tons in my process), and to hopefully inspire others when I'm successful and show them every step of my process. There are tons of process threads on here that have taught me a lot, and inspire me to keep moving.

My business is selling info products, books, dvds, etc. on nutrition. There is a lot wrong with the way people are eating and that needs to be fixed. Also, I know I can get people who are just trying to lose weight and teach them how to prevent disease at the same time. It's a hook kind of like MJ's book. (Seems like lose weight quick, but is actually teaching process)

To date I have been adding value and building my name by answering questions on youtube, twitter, forums, and have been looking for partners. I also have a website almost done. Still no products to sell but that will change very soon.

As of right now for my business I have $171 plus whatever's in my change jar and soda cans I find laying around that I have to return. I've been saving up tips form work the last few weeks and plan to put more in from my jobs when I can.

I have a bunch of ways to make some quick cash to get some start up money such as selling a bunch of crap I don't need or will never use, donating plasma but this is kind of a last resort option, taking surveys, and I found a product for cheap on ebay that I can buy, assemble, then reassemble for a decent profit. I've also taken my education from the slow lane and have reduced costs, no fast food even though I won't eat it anyways, I also use my Kroger fuel points etc. Remember, these are just some ways to make start up cash, not my fastlane plan.

For education I went to school for broadcasting for 2 years but didn't like it so I left to pursue business ventures. I have read the millionaire fastlane many times. I have also watched through Tony Robbins and Chet Holmes business mastery course a few times and am finally taking notes on it. I have about 19/35 sessions done with that. I want to get that done by the end of this month, then start the 30 day copywriting challenge April 1st. I also listen to the radio rarely if ever. Instead I listen to educational material off of my ipod while driving. I have also learned that I don't have to know every single thing and I am liking the idea of outsourcing things. Saves me time and they can probably do it better anyways hehe.

My current jobs consist of wait staff at a banquet center, and a beer repacker for my local beer distributor. Everyday I'm thankful I have these jobs to remind me of why I don't want to have a job the rest of my life. I hope to start making enough in sales by may so I can quit the banquet one which would give me 3 days off each week to focus completely on my fast lane business.

One of the most important lessons I have learned is that there is no failure as long as your learn from it. I have spent a lot of time learning, now it's time to make an immediate massive execution of my plan. I can always adapt later.

So to do:
Complete website
Write first book as an introduction
find a mastermind group
start building list

Until next time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

zander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 21, 2013
Charlotte, NC
My business is selling info products, books, dvds, etc. on nutrition. There is a lot wrong with the way people are eating and that needs to be fixed. Also, I know I can get people who are just trying to lose weight and teach them how to prevent disease at the same time. It's a hook kind of like MJ's book. (Seems like lose weight quick, but is actually teaching process)
To date I have been adding value and building my name by answering questions on youtube, twitter, forums, and have been looking for partners. I also have a website almost done. Still no products to sell but that will change very soon.

Can you sell a coaching course with a handful of people? This is something you can set up very quickly. Meet weekly on Skype/Google Hangouts. Teach a lesson and then open it up to the group to discuss/answer questions. Hold them accountable to specific goals. Do it right, and several things will happen:
  • Money to pump back into the business and get the ball rolling quicker
  • A really good understanding of your target customers' challenges, goals, etc.
  • Direct value brought to your customers
  • Walking advertisements for you (credibility)
I feel like credibility is a really important issue in the nutrition world. People hear conflicting information all the time. New studies coming out this month that contradict studies that came out last month. It's all so confusing to the average person, so you have to be able to standout as a credible source. Looks like you are starting to do that with social media, but to be able to have people say "I lost 15 pounds with Justin's program" would be a huge step in the right direction when it comes to perception of your brand.

Please keep us updated!

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Can you sell a coaching course with a handful of people? This is something you can set up very quickly. Meet weekly on Skype/Google Hangouts. Teach a lesson and then open it up to the group to discuss/answer questions. Hold them accountable to specific goals. Do it right, and several things will happen:
  • Money to pump back into the business and get the ball rolling quicker
  • A really good understanding of your target customers' challenges, goals, etc.
  • Direct value brought to your customers
  • Walking advertisements for you (credibility)
I feel like credibility is a really important issue in the nutrition world. People hear conflicting information all the time. New studies coming out this month that contradict studies that came out last month. It's all so confusing to the average person, so you have to be able to standout as a credible source. Looks like you are starting to do that with social media, but to be able to have people say "I lost 15 pounds with Justin's program" would be a huge step in the right direction when it comes to perception of your brand.

Please keep us updated!

I absolutely could set up a coaching program. I can't believe I completely forgot about this hehe. I actually plan to do webinars eventually and this would be a great step toward that direction. Thank you.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
yesterday I finished Hiring top talent. Not sure if I want employees still but if I do get some I know how to find top producers now.
I finished taking notes on Business mastery: Perfecting your follow -up

Today I finished
.Business mastery: Perfecting your follow -up
. and how to create complete turnkey virtual systems.

Now I'm going to work out while listening to some of tomorrow material. Can't sell nutrition products if I don't practice what I preach hehe.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Okay since my last post I have

.Completed more of the business mastery sessions.
.made another $30 from slowlane job. so I've got $201 for business expenses.
. Found a bunch of cans and bottles lying around to return. Not a lot but hey I need the leverage hehe.
. Got a bunch of old stuff from my parents house I will be selling. Most notable being a guitar I bought in 2009 that I have barely touched. I looked on ebay and the same model is going for over $300 so that'll be a nice boost.

I think I'm going to stop with the Business Mastery course and jump right into the copyrighting challenge.

I still need to get my website up and start making posts for my niche.
Get a way to build my list
Sell all junk on ebay!

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
I made another 31 dollars at the slowlane job so I'm up to $232 for business purposes.

I started the Gay Halbert 30 day challenge early. I am counting tomorrow as my first day though.

I just finished reading "Scientific Advertising".
Now onto "The Robert Collier Letter Book" before I hit the gym in a coupla hours.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Alright been busy the last coupla weeks.

-I'm up to $262 from slowlane business income.
-I listed a bunch of stuff on eBay. The biggest being an old guitar which should bring me at least 200 dollars. More to list though.
-I may have found a mastermind group finally.
-I still need to complete my website gah.
-I have been adding value on youtube giving out free education and talking about my experiences.
- The Gary Halbert 30 day challenge is going slow but I'm still making daily progress while balancing everything else.

-To do:
.COMPLETE WEBSITE!
.Continue 30 day challenge
.write book
.continue figuring out how to coach people the best way
.find a way to make some more income on the side without taking a great deal of time away from fastlane business.

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
Alright it's been about a week since I've posted.

I got all my eBay items listed.
I found a mastermind group. It's going slow though.
I'm still working on the 30 day copywriting challenge. I wont be able to complete it in the 30 days however but I am still going strong.
I found a way to make some more extra cash. Still eBay sales but this should be more consistent.

I just sold my guitar for 160 and I have saved $320 from my day job tips.

I renewed my website, bought a music intro, a book on nutrition, and I just joined the Fastlane INSIDERS. This puts me at $295 for business expenses still. Now bad at all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.