The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boring sidewalkers sue google and win!

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
:rofl:

‘Boring’ Couple Beats Google In Court, Is Awarded $1

Back in April 2008, married couple Aaron and Christine Boring filed suit against Google for “intentional and/or grossly reckless invasion†of their privacy, because a Street View car drove down their Private road and snapped some photos of their house.

Aside from giving the press an opportunity to go pun-crazy, the case has been notable for its longevity: most of the charges, which included negligence, were thrown out in February 2009, but Boring v. Google came back for an encore this year. The lone remaining charge? Trespassing.

Now, over two and a half years after the case got started, a judge has handed down her consent judgement, ruling that that Google was indeed guilty of Count II Trespass. The Borings are getting a grand total of $1 for their trouble. Ouch.

In other news related to the case, the Borings tried to appeal to the US Supreme Court (yes, seriously). The Court turned down the appeal in October.

This is obviously good news for Google. The case may sound silly, but it could have blown up into a broader examination of Google and online privacy. That didn’t happen, and given the circumstances (it’s hard to believe the Borings had their privacy violated in any significant way), that’s a good thing.

A Google spokesperson gave us this cheeky statement about the case:

“We are pleased that this lawsuit has finally ended with plaintiffs’ acknowledgment that they are entitled to only $1.â€

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brianm4289

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Mar 1, 2010
i see it this way... if their main goal was to win the lawsuit out of pure principle and they feel satisfaction of victory in the court room then they should be pleased with the outcome... BUT if they are just doing it to try to make quick money this is a FAIL :smxE:

A

Anon3587x

This is a good way to become instantly disliked by the world.
Who seriously doesn't like google?

I feel like you could drop a baby on the doorstep of any google building and they would raise it as their own.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
This is a good way to become instantly disliked by the world.
Who seriously doesn't like google?

I feel like you could drop a baby on the doorstep of any google building and they would raise it as their own.

Heh, anyone not living under a rock certainly doesn't like\trust them to that extent. :smxB:

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
If I were Google, I would make a big ceremony for giving them the $1 check.
Make it one of those big 6ft by 3ft checks, charity-style.

And of course, deliver it in the Street View car.

arpeggiomeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Sep 19, 2011
If I were Google, I would make a big ceremony for giving them the $1 check.
Make it one of those big 6ft by 3ft checks, charity-style.

And of course, deliver it in the Street View car.

hahahahahahaha. Toooo Funny!!!!! :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.