The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Recommendations ?

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
Hello everyone. I am looking for some suggestions on what is a good book to read for my current state of life.

27 years old. Broke up with my girlfriend after 8 years. Moved back into parents house. Feel lost like I have not yet found myself. I have not many friends and I don't have a life. I work from home and am in my room most of the time when I'm not at the grocery store or not at the gym. I want a life. I'm over the whole weekend going to a bar scene so thats kind of out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JackrabbitD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 10, 2014
Hello everyone. I am looking for some suggestions on what is a good book to read for my current state of life.

27 years old. Broke up with my girlfriend after 8 years. Moved back into parents house. Feel lost like I have not yet found myself. I have not many friends and I don't have a life. I work from home and am in my room most of the time when I'm not at the grocery store or not at the gym. I want a life. I'm over the whole weekend going to a bar scene so thats kind of out.

The first book I would recommend you drop everything and read is the Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday. This book will help you cope with what you're going through. IMO you should begin immediately. Very good book.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

in your list there is this title :
Au Contraire: Figuring Out the French - by Gilles Asselin and Ruth Mastron
"The absolute best book I've ever found on explaining the mindset of a country. "

as a frenchman, i can't tell you what the mindset of french people is or what "the french mindset " is

because , like the USA , France has become a melting pot with several cultures that don't have anything in common. at all

the muslim mindset has nothing in common with the christian mindset and so on.

would you be able to describe the american mindset ?

i don't think so :

the latino mindset of the south is not the english mindset of the north east.

the chinese mindset of San Francisco is not the mormon mindset of Utah.

we can only speak in terms of political orientation to describe a country in this day and age

and not in terms of values that are common for all people

in fact , if there was a french mindset, it has died after WW2.

or even after the french revolution of 1789.

i was born in 1976

i have never known a real french mindset with a langage that describes a french thinking

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
in your list there is this title :
Au Contraire: Figuring Out the French - by Gilles Asselin and Ruth Mastron
"The absolute best book I've ever found on explaining the mindset of a country. "

as a frenchman, i can't tell you what the mindset of french people is or what "the french mindset " is

because , like the USA , France has become a melting pot with several cultures that don't have anything in common. at all

the muslim mindset has nothing in common with the christian mindset and so on.

would you be able to describe the american mindset ?

i don't think so :

the latino mindset of the south is not the english mindset of the north east.

the chinese mindset of San Francisco is not the mormon mindset of Utah.

we can only speak in terms of political orientation to describe a country in this day and age

and not in terms of values that are common for all people

in fact , if there was a french mindset, it has died after WW2.

or even after the french revolution of 1789.

i was born in 1976

i have never known a real french mindset with a langage that describes a french thinking

tumblr_m3gs4cqw0h1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
since you are smarter than me, please tell me about the french mindset

be specific

i am waiting

since you are smarter than me, please tell me about how Americans don't have a mindset

be specific

i am waiting

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia

One book that helped me learn more about myself is the book ACHIEVE Find out who you are, want you really want and how to make it happen by Dr. Chris Friesen.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
#1 - TMF
#2 - Think and Grow Rich
#3 - Awaken the Giant Within

The best thing to do in your current state is taking action. On anything. Volunteering once a week at an animal shelter or non-profit is a great way to get out. What type of work do you do from home? Are you on the phone all day?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.