The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Board Liscense

rsant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 19, 2008
New York
Anyone ever use Invision Power Board? Thoughts on comparing to vbulletin and others?

http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/index.html

I have been searching for options as well. I have 4 domains that I would like to run specific enthusiast forums on. From my research, it seems that vbulletin is the option for forum owners expecting least hassles in terms of setup or seo optimization without having the savviness of coding.

Phpbb seems to be the most popular and cost effective (free), but I feel that Vbulletin offers the skin i want out of the box. I have searched for skins that offer the vbulletin feel, but have not found anything "solid". Even if i were saavy with coding, I think it would be more cost effective for me to purchase the vb licenses and start what i have to start, rather than having to tinker with skins that aren't flawless in function. In the end of it all I think i will go with 4 vbulletin licenses paired with vbseo.

I have not yet tried or purchased any of this software as an owne, but from just being a member on several forums using phpbb and vbulletin, vb is my choice for it's simplicity.

I guess it really depends on what you are doing and what you want to accomplish. The number 1 spot on big-boards uses phpbb, but I feel the typical vb layouts are too "fluffed" and will not attract nor retain the type of users I hope to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.