The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blogging value skew

NuclearPuma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 3, 2015
So what does value skew in a blog look like?
There is format and layout and images obviously.

But I want to build a blog to promote a book and as the book readers would be my customers I want to skew value for them. To me, this means no ads on the blog as that would be counter to my target customers interest. Then I would get hung up on serving advertisers and not my potential book readers.

What are some ways to create instant value on the blog, and monetize it a little bit, before the book or other product is complete?

To skew value I want to offer deep insightful articles and probably add some kind of graphic to get certain points across. As I gain reader trust what might they be willing to spend money on that I can offer prior to the book?

I feel strongly that Adsense or outside ads would not ad any value for my readers.

Total value skew I was thinking would be audio/podcasting episodes, high quality illustrations/images of concepts, actionable take always from the articles, no annoying ads.

The only thing I can think before my book is available is to use Amazon or other affiliate link and make recommendations to the readers. Does anyone know of other ways to add value or monetize quickly without ads or a product?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.