- Joined
- May 3, 2015
- Messages
- 192
Rep Bank
$1,015
$1,015
User Power: 222%
So what does value skew in a blog look like?
There is format and layout and images obviously.
But I want to build a blog to promote a book and as the book readers would be my customers I want to skew value for them. To me, this means no ads on the blog as that would be counter to my target customers interest. Then I would get hung up on serving advertisers and not my potential book readers.
What are some ways to create instant value on the blog, and monetize it a little bit, before the book or other product is complete?
To skew value I want to offer deep insightful articles and probably add some kind of graphic to get certain points across. As I gain reader trust what might they be willing to spend money on that I can offer prior to the book?
I feel strongly that Adsense or outside ads would not ad any value for my readers.
Total value skew I was thinking would be audio/podcasting episodes, high quality illustrations/images of concepts, actionable take always from the articles, no annoying ads.
The only thing I can think before my book is available is to use Amazon or other affiliate link and make recommendations to the readers. Does anyone know of other ways to add value or monetize quickly without ads or a product?
There is format and layout and images obviously.
But I want to build a blog to promote a book and as the book readers would be my customers I want to skew value for them. To me, this means no ads on the blog as that would be counter to my target customers interest. Then I would get hung up on serving advertisers and not my potential book readers.
What are some ways to create instant value on the blog, and monetize it a little bit, before the book or other product is complete?
To skew value I want to offer deep insightful articles and probably add some kind of graphic to get certain points across. As I gain reader trust what might they be willing to spend money on that I can offer prior to the book?
I feel strongly that Adsense or outside ads would not ad any value for my readers.
Total value skew I was thinking would be audio/podcasting episodes, high quality illustrations/images of concepts, actionable take always from the articles, no annoying ads.
The only thing I can think before my book is available is to use Amazon or other affiliate link and make recommendations to the readers. Does anyone know of other ways to add value or monetize quickly without ads or a product?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
