The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoins & Stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

finances5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

Is there an interrelationship between Bitcoins & Stocks? Whereas if the Stocks were to go down, do the Bitcoins also go down or vice versa? Or are they independent of one another?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
No. Bitcoin is an experimental technology with a thin order book. It moves violently in both directions. If for some reason a lot of people get hardup for cash and need to liquidate all assets than I guess there can be some correlation..but not really. The market cap (if you want to call it that) is on the low end of a single mid-cap stock.

In the distant future there may potentially be a reverse correlation as people run from trusted 3rd parties to assets which require 0 trust.

Almond

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 20, 2015
I have made some money on bitcoins during the peak of Grexit talks this summer. It was fairly easy to predict: if the euro goes down, bitcoin goes up, so I traded BTC/EUR. Correlation with stocks? No I don't think it exists. And even with currencies bitcoin is hard to predict bcause there are no fundamentals behind it. I now wonder if bitcoin is sensitive to risk apetite and demand for safe-haven assets... It is so appealing to trade bitcoins because of high profit potential, but the risks are high too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.