The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin and Finding the Next Speculative Bubble

Anything related to investing, including crypto

JackieZ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 31, 2019
I don't know about you guys but I have never seen a single asset go on the run that Bitcoin went on in late 2017. There were a ton of people that made money and lost money getting swept up in the speculative mania. The price has dropped a lot since the Bitcoin all time high and I can't see it reaching anywhere near $20,000 soon, so I'm looking for the next thing instead.

Some people made money with bitcoin, some lost money; one thing is for certain, savvy investors and experienced swing traders can make really good money during speculative bubbles.

I haven't seen any great bubbles to speculate in since, but I would love to discover some.

What do you think will be the next great asset or commodity to enter a bull market we can speculate in? Personally I think it may be gold or silver, they were starting to break out but have pulled back a bit atm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I think crypto is still the main thing if you want to speculate. Perhaps you can even use leverage lol (I have never done it and dont recommend it though!). Its more like gambling.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'd invest in Spaghetti-O's. Because that's what al these Bitcoin investors are going to be eating once this bubble finally bursts.

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad
I think the next opportunity is to short IPO unicorns. Look at companies like Slack that have gone down over 40% since they went public. These companies loose massive amounts of money and have huge market caps like 10 billion. If your company looses 100 million a year even if you grew by 100% a year and turned that into a 100 million profit a year it would take 10 years just to grow into the valuation.

Peloton I think is the next one to drop. They went public a few days ago and I think are highly over valued. Then take into account investors are leaving growth stocks for value stocks in prep for a possible recession and its a recipe for the stock to go down. Plus they have a lot of new competition.

balilife

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 29, 2019
victoria . BC , Canada
I don't know about you guys but I have never seen a single asset go on the run that Bitcoin went on in late 2017. There were a ton of people that made money and lost money getting swept up in the speculative mania. The price has dropped a lot since the Bitcoin all time high and I can't see it reaching anywhere near $20,000 soon, so I'm looking for the next thing instead.

Some people made money with bitcoin, some lost money; one thing is for certain, savvy investors and experienced swing traders can make really good money during speculative bubbles.

I haven't seen any great bubbles to speculate in since, but I would love to discover some.

What do you think will be the next great asset or commodity to enter a bull market we can speculate in? Personally I think it may be gold or silver, they were starting to break out but have pulled back a bit atm.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Personally all my investments are in low cap crypto <10m, and VXX.
I hope one of the teams build the best thing ever. If im wrong about vxx, then whatever. But if im right ill buy 2 properties when everyone else has to sell.

Nobody knows whats gonna go up 10000%, you can only guess.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I'd invest in Spaghetti-O's. Because that's what al these Bitcoin investors are going to be eating once this bubble finally bursts.
And you'll be the one stocking the shelves of Spaghetti-O's once Bitcoin becomes the de facto currency of the world.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Good, it will be a thriving market.
Lol I meant you'll be the one working at Wal Mart at minimum wage because you had no Bitcoin and the ones with Bitcoin are now your boss.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Peloton I think is the next one to drop. They went public a few days ago and I think are highly over valued. Then take into account investors are leaving growth stocks for value stocks in prep for a possible recession and its a recipe for the stock to go down. Plus they have a lot of new competition.

Any updated thoughts on this?
They seem to be doing good and only getting better. I bought in when I got my bike in May. (I don't know much about stocks), but I thought it might be a wave I could ride seeing as how word of mouth had people instantly breaking their necks to spend $2,800 on a bike that doesn't go anywhere. I think Peloton has a CULT following (much like how MJ has a die hard cult following surrounding The Fastlane) and that it will sustain itself and keep getting better even after Covid is over...

Peloton has integrated itself into peoples' lives and is now apart of their lifestyle. Its not like other work out or fitness memberships or equipment. People are truly sold on the community of it, and the culture/vision of it. & they stick with it. They use this bike, most people DAILY. This isn't that work out equipment that turns into a clothes rack!

The women done lost their minds! Check any Facebook marketplace for Peloton apparel and it is not unusual to see USED sweaty work out sets selling for $500 plus. (I know! I didn't believe it either!)

I feel like this one will do good, and I want to put more money in it, but it is scary, mainly due to the commandment of control.

*In March the stock was $25 a share, now in September its $90 a share. I know lots of women who bought in in March, and they are very happy. Most got their bikes for free due to this...and are continuing to invest in PTON.

Last edited:

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
Threads like these are about chasing money and gambling actually.

That's a good way to lose money, not make some.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
At current asset levels everything is priced high. This is no longer March/April 2020 when assets are at their bottom.

If you want to speculate and hope to make multiples on your money, I think the opportunities could be these in the next crash.

1) Thematic stocks
2020 we saw the rise of Tesla. There are many stocks that went well. Companies making medical equipment, ai chips. Something with a “popular theme”.

2) Alt coins.
This is the wild wild west where you can lost everything or get scammed. But this is the field where people could make multiples from a new community trying to boost adoption of a new coin. There seems to be abundance of opportunity here, because every new coin backed by a certain theme is a “tech start-up” literally. I am personally not educated enough to make investment here but I have friends who are raking it right now.

The longer trend is perhaps, I am not sure of this will happen, is the digitization of assets.

If you look at the history of assets and wealth it used to be precious resources such as gold and land. Slowly it moved into securities like stocks and bond. People realized that investing in business is a better investment than hoarding resources.

What do I mean by digitalization of assets? Smart contracts has a lot of potential to replace the old way of doing things in assets and wealth.

For example at present this is how things work. Tom is 35 years old businessman in UK who has advertising skills, he hires staffs and expand his business and find clients to pay for him. His company grows and went listed in NYSE in U.S., with the help of bankers and lawyers. Ali is a retiree from Indian living in Mumbai, he logs in his brokerage account in India and buys the share for retirement. This is how things work now for globalization and Securitization of wealth.

With smart contract things could work differently. Jack is a 19 year old teenager in Texas creating a website making money from affiliate links in his website. He gets paid in crypto. It has strong cashflow and requires moderate effort in management. He enters into smart contract with anonymous A online who pays him certain coins for business expansion in return For a share of the profit. It gets traded around from anonymous A to B or C.

I am not well educated in this field yet and I am just repeating what I have heard over casual dinner conversation with friends. But if wealth starts to move from securitisation to digitisation, just a tiny amt of the fiat flow can be a big game changer.

markuswaas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 16, 2020
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm actually quite deep in this space and running a popular blockchain developer blog as well. So I can tell you some thoughts about the technical side and long-term aspects. But please be aware that the market prices move completely unpredictable and not often based on technical aspects. Anyone telling you the future price development of a coin is full of shit.

From a technical point I'm not a fan of Bitcoin. It's the most outdated of them all, uses up a lot of electricity and only has quite basic functionality. People compare it to Gold, useless but only worth money because it's rare and people believe in it. But overall, I'm not a fan, because there are better alternatives.

As for other coins, I think projects like Polkadot, Cosmos, NEAR, Dfinity and Ethereum + some Defi projects are very promising. Without good reason, I would never invest in anything below Top 50 though, mostly Top 20. We are still quite far away from this stuff actually becoming production-ready and really useful. There are many problems that need to be addressed first like scaling. But once the technical side is ready, the space will properly explode.

When will that happen? Who knows, maybe 5 years, maybe less, maybe more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.